1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a glitch in the game, or can it be only played once?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Canterpiece, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, awhile back I got a DS game from a second hand store, "professor Layton and the Pandora's/ diabolical box" (it varies between areas- personally mine says Pandora).

Anyway, I got the game and started playing it- but it seemed slightly odd as the previous owner who gave it into the secondhand shop still had her details in one of the game profiles. So, I thought maybe they just didn't feel like clearing it/ forgot- so I went and erased the profile and saved over it.

So I played it, and it was all going fine until the very end- that's when it went downhill. (spoilers) The final level involves you using your stylus to move the sun into position, but when I did that the game just froze. I thought that maybe I'd done it wrong- so I looked up a tutorial and nope, it was in the exact right position. What it should've done is say congratulations and give you a code you can use in other professor Layton games, and bring you back to the start menu. Instead, it just freezes and I've wait several hours for it to unfreeze, but nothing. If you restart it, you have to play the ending again- only for it to freeze again at that moment.

Did I get a dodgy copy, or can it only be played once? Do you think it would work if I tried it on one of the other game slots? (There are three). It's just- if I try that I'll have to redo the entire game. :eusa_doh: Dammit, I just wanted to finish it, although I practically have. :tantrum:

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2017 at 11:45 AM ----------

*their details

2. Lazuri

It seems to me as though the cartridge is a bit corrupted so that it can't trigger the ending sequence. You could try playing through it again on another slot, but my money is exclusively on it happening again.

I don't remember what DS cartridges look like, but you could try and see if there's any dirt stuck to the important bits of the cartridge. In any case, you did technically finish it, so I wouldn't bother.

FYI, shit like this is why I stopped buying used games. Well, this and the fact that I feel bad buying a game knowing that not a single cent went to the people who actually MADE the game.

3. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If possible you could try it on another DS system to see if that has anything to do with it because the cartridge slot on that DS might hate the game.