1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best video game you ever played that nobody else played.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lazuri, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Lazuri

I know there's a "Best video game ever" thread, but I wanted to make a thread about games that you've played that are amazing, but somehow flew under EVERYONE's radar.

While I think that Okami was the greatest game ever made and was heavily underrated, it still had a fair amount of people play it, so I don't think it QUITE fits in here, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

But the one game that always struck me as the most overlooked masterpiece was Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner for PS2. It was a sequel to the first game, Zone of the Enders, that improved upon its predecessor so massively that it just blew my mind as a teenager. Both games were developed by Hideo Kojima, but most people still missed it.

I'll link the game's intro here because it's probably the longest video game intro ever and is almost more of a trailer than an intro cinematic, but I still watched it almost every time I started the game cuz' it was fucking awesome.

[YOUTUBE]qTrJGaGXdRE[/YOUTUBE]

2. Morse Code

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If computer games count, I loved Descent back in the day.

3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really liked Kingdoms of Amalur. I have almost 100 hours invested in it and still there is more left to do. Shame the studio went bankrupt, I'd have really liked a sequel.

4. Lazuri

Actually, Kingdoms of Amalur was supposed to be an MMORPG. When it was clear that the budget would not be enough, they threw their resources together and made a single-player game that was supposed to gain enough revenue to continue development of the MMORPG. For being a game thrown together so quickly out of what they had done so far, the game was very good, even if it was a bit repetitive. It had a lot of promise and good ideas that I think could've made a killer MMORPG if the studio wasn't so far into the red that they needed a miracle to save it. KoA actually sold well for a new IP, but not nearly enough.

I really loved the concept of the main character, how the whole world is governed by fate, but the fact that you died and was resurrected meant that you were no longer governed by fate and was the one entity in the entire world that could change fate of everybody around you. It was genius.

5. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have to admit I am a big fan of Crashlands haha.

6. Quist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Shepherd's Crossing on PS2.

I absolutely love this game, I sank countless hours into it and most people have never even heard of it let alone played it.

Also Panorama Cotton on the Sega Genesis. It's extremely rare and I don't think it ever came out anywhere besides Japan, but I own a Chinese bootleg copy of the game.
    [YOUTUBE]Zqhmx95hCJU[/YOUTUBE]

7. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A few good but obscure games right off the top of my head would be Pokémon Colluseum/XD, Robotech PS2, Ape Escape, and Stellar Overload which is being developed now.

That being said... not too sure I can pick a favorite. There's a lot of hidden gems for sure.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I played Ape Escape! Stellar game.

But yeah pretty much all of my favorites are not super popular. Morrowind, Mount & Blade Warband, and Kerbal Space Program are all well known enough, but nothing like Call of Duty famous.

9. Jellal

I know that Little King's Story on Wii was criminally underplayed for how freaking good it was.

10. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  11. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Omg Descent, almost forgot about it I did play it but only a demo. I sucked at it. I had these demo cd's and played demo's over and over :grin: Some were time limited. Like GTA hahahaha oh the dayyysssss

Does anyone remember tunguska legend of faith? I only played a demo, it was nice.

I was so much more patient to try out games back then, there is so much selection nowadays!!! Spoiled !

12. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    James cameron's Avatar: the game

13. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Magic Pengel and its sequel Graffiti Kingdom are both amazing games for the PS2

14. darkbulan

i'm super old school but i think Super Mario is the best video game ever! :grin: i'm sure the OG crew know what i'm talking about. :icon_bigg

15. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    that's not really a game that nobody else played though. This thread is for the Hidden Gems, not the "everybody's played it" games.

16. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know how well known it is by everyone here but there was a DS game called The World Ends With You and it honestly changed my life and shaped a lot of my early teen years :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It was pretty unknown in my neck of the woods and I think in the whole of Europe it only sold around 20,000 copies. So yeah, that has my vote.

On a console; Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon is the game I'm saltiest about because in terms of gameplay its a little bit repetitive and clunky but the storyline(s) in the game are legitimately so fantastic. Like honestly, if you guys ever fancy a bingewatch of a "let's play" or something like that then I'd recommend looking for one that focuses on the stories within the game. Again- got a pretty limited release even in Japan (I think it peaked at 2nd best-selling and then faded into obscurity even in the west) but it's such a beautiful game and I wish more people knew of it.

17. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I heard about that one and i even saw it in CeX a few days ago but i didn't get it because i didn't have enough money ):

---------- Post added 11th Feb 2017 at 03:38 PM ----------

On 360 when i was looking in GAME i saw a Game that i had never even heard of before called Fatel Inertia and the only way i can describe it is what if wipeout was on 360 and due to how cheap it was (£1.99) i decided to get it.

#17 sonic1337111, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  18. kavu

I just played this super clumsy PC fencing game called Nidhogg. Extremely worth it!

19. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Awww, no way! I actually got my copy from a branch of Game (RIP ?-2012). I'd definitely invest in the CeX copy depending how much it sets you back. I had Fatal Inertia as a free perk on PSN. Overall not thrilled with it- I hope you find it to be more thrilling than I did :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd have to say Terranigma on the SNES. It's an action RPG by Enix and is the third game in the Soul Blazer series. You start off underground being tasked to rebuild the world and revive life on it. Then you go up onto the world and help humanity progress through history. There's a major plot twist near the end that completely caught me off guard and made me question all my actions up to that point. Then there's the ending which legit made me cry. Sadly It didn't get a US release due to the topics covered in the game and religious symbolism (thanks Nintendo of America). If you love SNES action RPGs with a deep theme I highly recommend it.