1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

irritating t-shirt merchants on instagram

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Devil Dave, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anybody here use instagram?

I started using it last year and kind of like using it to share some of my photos and artwork with friends and also see what some of my fav artists and celebs are up to, but recently I get annoyed that I keep receiving "likes" from users selling t-shirts. And I think they are multiple accounts being used by the same person because the username is always something similar (something_something) and the products are always the same, they are DC or Marvel themed shirts (A lot of the celebs I follow are actors from the DC tv shows)

It's really annoying, and I'm just wondering if any other instagram users are experiencing the same thing. I tried doing a google search, and found that there are a load of pages telling people how to sell their stuff on instagram. It just seems like spamming to me, though.

2. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I use it now and then not a massive amount but i cant say i have seen this.

I think you get this or something very simular with all sorts of social media. People are always looks for make some money somehow

3. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I reported the profiles and instagram eventually got back to me saying they removed the accounts because it is against their community guidelines to do stuff like that.

It might not seem like a big deal, but I do actually get a bit excited when I receive a notification about someone liking one of my images. Either it's one of my friends who is following me and I them, or it's a total stranger and if I look on their profile I like seeing what their interests are and what we have in common. I don't use instagram for conversations, but I do like the concept of communicating through pic views, I just think its a nice thing. So receiving a like on my images and finding out it's just some moron trying to sell their crap under different profile names really bugs me. There's no connection there, they're not expressing themselves, they're just trying to increase views and they should do that somewhere else.

Anyway, I'm glad that reporting these people works.