1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's discuss Diablo II!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Negasta, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Let's discuss one of the greatest computer games ever made.

What are thoughts on the game?

What is your favourite character class?

Your highest level character?

etc.

This game has provided me many hours of enjoyment and I have probably spent way too much time playing it.

My highest character is my Lvl 90 Druid named Tiberius.

2. Steam Giant

I haven't played Diablo II, but I just want to say something related for people who don't know. The Diablo + Diablo II team has nothing to do with World of Warcraft. After Diablo II, the team split off and formed ArenaNet, and made Guild Wars. If you're a Diablo II fan and were disappointed in World of Warcraft, Guild Wars will most likely be your bag.

3. 24601

I've played all Blizzard games addictively. It's been a long time since D2, though...

Let me think... I had a level 80-90some Sorc that I used for MF. I've had tons of Sorcs, I had an level 85 Hammerdin, a really crappy Barb of some sort, a summon Necro who was fun...

I played em all to high levels, really, but never botted or hacked. I know, I was weird, I guess.

As a side note, I also enjoyed WoW, for a while at least... raided/led raids (I was an officer/part-time raid leader, I was really into it) as a 60 druid (5 bosses in Naxx), then leveled him up to 70, and had a level 60 (never finished) Blood Elf Paladin after expansion... by then it had consumed 2 years of my life and I stopped. But, that's not related to D2...

There are two games that are similar to D2, one forthcoming, and one already released. I don't have the one already released, but it's called... for god's sake, I can't find it. If I do, I'll update. The upcoming one is Hellgate: London, which looks okay.

I can't wait for SCII. :slight_smile:

4. Jerr

I don't have anymore characters but I am like the oldest player... my account is still active although my characters are gone (I get on sc as well and same account) my account name is Bang!!! (yes with the !!!'s) It is an Illy... I made it before the first patch for Diablo II.... SHH I'm not that pathetic!!!! lol

I'm going to play again... friend hooks me up with pretty nice hammerdin stuff because well... I <3 to Grush... So although the stuff he is giving is expensive... he doesn't mind because I repay him in labor lol

My all time favorite character that I've never been able to make.... is a Guided Arrow Assassin..... They are a wee bit too expensive for my taste lol.

Highest level I ever allowed myself was a level 89 Hammerdin... when all the stuff was mine... like I had some really old shyt... I had an 08 Vampire Gaze 08 Storm Shield and 08 Windforce... basically the vampgaze was only thing that was probably still considered good lol possibly windforce lol but I liked them all for sentimental reasons.

What I ment by "allowed" was... I would go into a hell game... drop all my gold (which took several minutes....) and died... over and over... I never wanted to break 90... I felt there was no need. lol I'm weird I know!

I should start up again relativly soon. if not like this weekend haha

5. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The damage isn't as much as that of a similar level Paladin with all their added magic and elemental damage, but he strikes 5x for every click of the button.

[​IMG]

6. Jerr

Wolf...

You know I have never made a Druid... ever. Weird... lol

If I can get ahold of Jason I'll get the hammerdin up to lvl 80 or so by next weekend... unless I do nothing this weekend then I should have it by saturday night/sunday... I have school so If I can't get it done by sunday I'll have to wait for next weekend... which means that I'll have it up during the week I'm just trying to lie to myself that I would actually go to bed at a decent hour and do my homework...

7. 24601

I hated druids, even though I loved them in WoW. They were totally different, though... I never made a shapeshifter in D2. I had an elemental one that sucked, though. Maybe I just wasn't good at them...

8. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Druid is the simplest character to play.

I use only 3 skills.

9. Jerr

Elemental druids sucked pre synergies...

I think it is funny when FoH pallys level up Holy Bolt as a synergy *snicker* I made the mistake but cought it at lvl 5... Makes me giggle every time.

10. Red87

I used to have a level 85 Paladin on US West... Zealot type. Schaeffers Hammer FTW! I was Uber. All my old chars expired though.

11. Micah

I managed a level 70 Necromancer. Then my game became corrupt. *sigh*

12. Jerr

When I'd get bored with my pally I'd... well first I bought a mercinary from act 2... I think it was either the meditate or the prayer.... (I've done both lol) and I lvld him to lvl 89 then I would grush people for free... well didn't Grush too many times for free because I ended up with something to do but I'd start baal games in norm to help the youngens lvl up. lol or anything or hell I could join a baal game in hell and be the runner (ok teler whatever!) I could run as well.... I had a thing for faster run/walk charms... don't know why. lol (and vigor I was like damn) Well.... It is official... I want to play it again...

I only do USEast though.

13. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Elemental druids still suck, the wolf tank druids like mine are the best.

14. 24601

Gah you people are making me want to play again...

15. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could understand what you're talking about. I don't play games...

16. Micah

You're missing out :icon_wink

17. 24601

Agree :slight_smile:

18. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  19. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, what can I do if I can't afford a console and my computer - for years - had integrated graphics?

Plus I really don't have that much time. I'd love to, though.

20. GoBabyGoGo

omg diablo II's my favourite game in the world!!! I used i sorceress and got up to halfway through Act 5 hell, at lvl 80-something. Then i got really frustrated because i died heaps, and lost so much experience and gold that i was going backwards lol!

I have played using all the characters and there is something just so fun and addictive about it. Hmmm... you mention Guild Wars... thats only on-line right?? cause i really don't like online games - they're way too competitive... any other gud single player action RPGs u know of??