1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox 360 Warning...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jerr, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Jerr

I didn't feel like finding the exact article but I saw this on the G4 channel

The xbox 360's laser reader has actually been damaging the discs. Microsoft was getting sued or something like that... didn't pay TOO much attention because I don't own one and I don't plan on owning one. (The only game I REALLY like is the Halos... and I can play them at a friends... so it is all good)

Just thought I would share.

2. Steam Giant

Wow, between this and the overheating issue with the PS3 that can make it impossible to even use the system as a DVD player, it's a good time to be a Nintendo fan right now ^^

3. Jerr

Does it really matter that the PS3 is overheating? By time it is within my price range... they will have that problem fixed. lol

4. JSG

JSG Guest

Isn't it the X Box that overheats?
    With the Red Ring Of Death?

5. Steam Giant

I'm actually not certain about that. I don't have too many qualms about the 360...microsoft actually has a decent game plan this time around. I read the following in Matt of IGN fame's blog:

But first, to stay on topic, it doesn't surprise me that microsoft is having hardware trouble. If you'll remember, there was a massive recall just...was it one month after launch? They've been having all sorts of technical problems with the 360, but this is by far the most severe to date.

Anyway, the blog quote about the PS3: