1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for New Laptop

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SailingKoala, Feb 15, 2010.

1. SailingKoala

My laptop has just died motherboard failure. It was over 2 yes old so was bound to happen. So I need to get a new one. Last was very powerful but little harddrive. Never used a mac, so feel I am a pc person. But feel letdown by pc's as my last 2 have just suddenly died with no chance of repair. I need ideas. Want power speed and reliability with usability. If pc thinking Sony or toshiba

2. Sylver

Uh... 2 years is a little early for the motherboard to die...

I just bought a new Dell laptop computer. It's a workhorse but I do programming so I need a powerhouse. Funny thing is lately Dells have been dying a little too frequently in my neighborhood. I'm wondering if they've become "McComputers" or something. But in the end I still bought a Dell. If this puppy fries on me in anything less than 5 years then I can promise you I'll never own another Dell!!

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've used PC all my life. I'm a Macbook person now. Just goes to show, it may take a day or two to get use to it, but I've yet to have a problem....:slight_smile: If you want a computer that works but don't mind sacrificing gaming capabilities. Then I'd say, choose a mac.