1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making DVDs?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RaeofLite, Feb 24, 2010.

1. RaeofLite

How do you put ripped torrent DVD files to a CD? There's probably a program but I'm not sure how to go about downloading a proper program (one that's safe) and will allow me to burn to DVD+R discs.

I've downloaded a couple films I'm not able to find in movie stores or on youtube (like Lgbt) related films using Vuze and they're on my desktop. I'd like to put them on DVD and enjoy them on my other computer or in a DVD player.

Advice, please! :icon_bigg

2. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Write the video with nero vision. It takes me around an hour to write the vidoes with the dvd format.

3. ArcaneVerse

Try looking into Magic ISO or Alcohol 120% and if no luck there try Download.com

4. fallendream

look up cucusoft, theyre very good. i assume the films are avi?

5. RaeofLite

Yes, the films are avi. Currently, if I want to watch them I use VLC Media player.

6. Techcompu2

if you don't mind me asking, what operating system do you have?

7. RaeofLite

I have Windows Vista on a Toshiba laptop. I'm going to try Cucusoft... hopefully it's straight forward. If not, then I'll try the other ones.

8. Corny

Corny Guest

You can just burn the avi to a DVD - many DVD players already will play it.
    But you want to have a "real" DVD you need to convert the avi to the mpg2 format that DVDs use.
    There are plenty of DVD Authoring tools that can do that. But this is a science on it's own and you could write pages about the process and the different options .. also most of them are quite costly.

So here is a simple, free tool:
    http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html (click on Free Videos To DVD 3.2 on the left side)
    When installing be sure to uncheck the box to install some yahoo toolbar and other crap :wink:

After that just follow the instructions, should be pretty self-explaining.

9. Techcompu2

I would download the latest version of realplayer. Use the converter that it comes with to put them into wma format. Then use the toshiba dvd maker to burn the wma version to a disk. That is what i did the other day with one i downloaded :slight_smile: