1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil Afterlife

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Shevanel, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Shevanel

I'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil movies (Or videogame movies in general as they tend to suck...), but I do love the Resident Evil games.

The 4th Resident Evil film, Resident Evil: Afterlife, is gonna be released soon, and the trailer just came out and its pretty damn awesome. Most of this awesomeness is due to the song they used, The Outsider by A Perfect Circle <3

Makes it 10342708234090 times more amazing. xD

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K7jbN1vIGU[/YOUTUBE]

But while they're not great movies, they're still entertaining xD So I might go see this one too xD

Anyone else excited?

2. exactly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The best is the first one, which is actually a really cool zombie movie IMO The second and third one became a lot more action movie like, but were still really fun to watch. I'm glad to see there is going to be the las Plagas (well, thats what it looks like to me) in the movie.

I'm just waiting patiently for the next video game which i KNOW we wont hear about for a long time, but still, those games (like the Nightmare on Elm Street films) were big parts of my childhood. I cant help it xD

3. Connor22

lovin it! I like the movies, really cheesy but some of the best zombie movies out, really there should more but ther isn't so oh well, can't wait

4. Just Adam

well that movie will be a load of shit. its not a zombie movie any more its like they are trying to make a new blade movie :s its like some shite blade film mixed with that piece of crap ultra violet she did.

lots of action lots of fighting, totally mossing the point of the genre. its supposed to be horror, shadows moving noises things in the dark... the first movie was good as it had them elements.. but no.... this one will suck like the last.

i hate zombies but a film like this needs to be horror.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay definitely want to see this.

A: Alice using swords, I LOVE SWORDS so this makes me happy.
    B: 3D, always great :slight_smile:
    C: Filmed with the James Cameron thing...so should be cool

6. Shevanel

Eh. 3D should be a novelty and a novelty only.

And the Resident Evil films aren't great zombie movies xD They're not really about the zombies, they're about the T-Virus (or the G-Virus, or the Las Plagas, which would make them not even zombies at all). Great zombie films are like the Romero Dead films. Those are the absolute best <3 Others include Dead Alive (aka Braindead), the Night of the Living Dead Remake in 1990 by Tom Savini <3, The Dawn remake wasn't terrible, but zombies don't run >_>

(also note 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later aren't zombie films, the infected are just that. Infected. Not undead.)

7. ReZipped

1:35.

Matrix: Reloaded much?

I wanna see this, but probably gonna be 2D for me. I rarely spend the $13-$16 for a 3D movie. I only spent the extra for Alice in Wonderland cuz it was a Burton film.

Definitely waiting for this one.

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Looks.. lame but AWSOME!!!! XD

So she became a agent to a psychic, now shes a ninja??

9. Just Adam

i actually agree...i hate z films but id watch the original Romero as they were good...i think the scary thing about zombies is they are slow and so many :frowning2:

28 weeks later sucked :s 28 days is one of my fav modern horror films. as for red not being zombie, well its kinda zombie but kinda not cos of different viruses.... but it should be horror which these films fail at in the most epic way..

and i agree with the 3D being a gimmick. not many films will benefit from 3d they need to be films that the image itself the actual idea will produce something extra visually spectacular. like avatar the embers in the air the other worldly flying jelly fish...just stunning,

on weekend im going to see another 3D film , i shant hijack thread with details, look for my review next week :grin:

but this res film is a pass ill see it when it comes to tv.

10. Shevanel

^ 28 Weeks Later did not suck >_>

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Brain Dead owns all zombie movie :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. x2x2x2x2y2

It's freaking amazing!!! Can't wait!!

13. Darkwing65

I love the resident evil franchise. I'm psyched for a new movie...

In general think zombie's rock! Any adaptation really.

14. Aiken

I'm pretty disappointed. I wish they made more movies like Resident Evil: Degeneration and actually follow the game's storyline.

Oh well. Here we go again.

15. Shevanel

^ Well they already screwed that up enough xD

16. Gambit

I love the other Resident Evil movies, I think they are very interesting and the three of them kinda follow a story line. But Afterlife, I dont know, it seems its plot is moving away from the other movies and doesnt look great. Apparently the whole deal with the T virus and Umbrella Corp is not important anymore, they are just making a movie with a lot of explosions and random fights.

17. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I'm so upset these movies don't follow the game's story line. I've been playing those games since the first one came out and I was pretty much a baby then. But the action of the movies are entertaining so I'll watch it I guess.