1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone here play igo?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Woot, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Woot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So yeah, I was just wondering if I was the only one who liked the oriental game of go (also known as baduk, weichi, or igo).

For those of you who don't know, Go is basically the oriental equivalent of chess. It's not like chess at all, though. The objective of the game is to take turns playing white and black stones on the intersecting lines of a 19x19 grid and surround the majority of the board. The rules are extremely simple, which allows for complex gameplay. The best way to figure out wtf I'm talking about is to check out this awesome tutorial of how to play: http://playgo.to/iwtg/en/

For those of you who DO know what I'm talking about, do you play online? If so, what's your estimated rank (I'm about 13kyu on KGS)?

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to clarify, this will fall under the personal information ban. Usernames used for other sites are classed as being off-site information so it would be appreciated if members contacted each other privately about this type of information rather than posting it on the public site. :slight_smile:

I've edited out the part that could possibly break the rules, but the rest is fine. :slight_smile:

3. Woot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, sorry about that. :/
    But would it be okay if they pm'd me about it, since it's not "public" then?
    Would I even be able to read the pm, since I'm not a full member?
    I want to pwn me sum n00bs XD jk

#3 Woot, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010