1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMORPG game goes gay friendly

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by British Lad, Apr 15, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

2. Tim

Tim

Wow, XD Final Fantasy 11 has it banned, and even with tons of petitions, they say it'd be offensive, so they refuse to introduce it, despite the fact many women are pissed they can't marry their husbands because their husbands are playing female characters, XD

I stopped playing FFXI over a year ago, but that always bothered me, XD

Wanted to try RoM, but my computer's video card sucks too bad. This laptop should be able to run it though... gotta ask my sister :3

#2 Tim, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  3. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The private server of ragnarok I'm on allows it. And has for years lol. Dunno about the official servers. Lots of privates servers don't allow it though...

#3 Austin, Apr 15, 2010
  4. Alex19

ff had it banned... i find this to b expected but then again, its stupid that they would have it banned. i mean, theyve had some obvious gay characters in the games so why take a step back? o i know- cause they dont wanna lose the money of homophobic 'christian' players

5. Tim

Tim

Their 'official' reason a while back was because they wanted to make sure ever marriage resulted in at least one character gaining a special outfit.

Marriages would give the person throwing it (You couldnt do it, someone else had to schedule AND pay for it) the option to buy the bride a gown for like, some 50,000 extra gil.

[​IMG]

It wasn't til this year, like 6 years after Weddings were added, that they finally added a "Tuxedo" for male characters. However, now what their reasoning for no same sex marriage is unknown.

[​IMG]

6. Gaetan

Yeah, FFXI still doesn't allow it, even with their slightly revamped marriage system. (Used to be, you had to get approval from an actual Square-Enix employee...now it doesn't take that.)

There was wording when they made the change that made it appear that gay marriage would be allowed (didn't outright say yes or no)--but it still wasn't. In several of the quests, there are gay characters. Most notably is a supporting role character in the most recent expansion and missions, Alexei Mayakov is, essentially, the biggest gay stereotype you can have. (And hilarious to boot!)

...Yet, no gay marriage. I do see part of their argument: quite a few I know would do it simply for a joke.

...You can still look pretty gay if you want to, though.

#6 Gaetan, Apr 15, 2010
  7. Tim

Tim

Yea... Alexei is like... the EPITOME of stereotypes.

He's like Adam Lambert, Richard Simmons, and Kurt from Glee all rolled into one, but even more so.

XD Gaeten, I would go waround whitegate in my swimsuit or my dancer artifact armor all the time :3 Though, I would typically wear summoner horn when wearing swimsuit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Back in the day (like, before even Chains of Promathia), I was one of the few white mages on the server past 60, (that spoke english), and I'd often get asked to preside over in game weddings hosted by players (AKA no actual items given, etc), as they felt White Mage artifact armor was the most fitting for a priest. XD