1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New iPhone '4G' Leaked

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kettleoffish, Apr 20, 2010.

1. kettleoffish

2. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Yes I saw that on MSN as well. It has a front camera, and the back carema has a flash as well as increase memorier.

#2 British Lad, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2010
  3. mattypants

left in a bar? sounds like promotion ala bands leaving usb drives with their albums in the bathrooms xD

pretty though :slight_smile:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Word I heard, from a blogger who apparently has well-placed connections inside Apple, is that the case is a temporary prototype case that Apple uses when testing the "innards" of new devices. So the phone is probably a 4g iPhone but the case is not necessarily the production case. But on the other hand, why would it have the info printed on the back if it's only a temporary working case?

Makes no sense.

Apparently Apple would very, very much like to get this phone back but the possibility of that is probably nil :slight_smile:

5. British Lad

British Lad Guest

yep :roflmao:

6. Just Adam

apple has sent an official request for the item to be returned immediately, this could be iron clad admittance that its genuine or just that they want this thing bearing their name out of the way

i dont care about memory increase or forward camera ive never used one as video calls are far to expensive... plus people dont need to see me to hear me....

the only thing that interests me is how good the rear camera is now.... i just hope its good enough....if its only like 3.2 meg ill be gutted and turned off from yet another iphone i would of got the last gen but the shite camera stopped me.

----------

and chip as for case thing in the bar it was in a phone case to make it look like it was a 3gs somehow so this phone was in a shell apple use id pretty much say this is it but its all look and no detail yet

this aint a publicity stunt as they dont need it and their press launch will still get more hype in june

#6 Just Adam, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  7. RaRa

I'm guessing the worker got fired? =P

But sexy phone.

8. Just Adam

well last i heard they no idea who worker is and even some details of where phone found dont add up 100%

9. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Apple NEVER let things leak at all! This is a hoax it seems!

10. kettleoffish

"Gray Powell—a North Carolina State University 2006 graduate and talented amateur photographer—is an Apple Software Engineer working on the iPhone Baseband Software, the little program that enables the iPhone to make calls."

http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple-lost-the-next-iphone

11. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    MP count != quality.
    MP count != quality.
    MP count != quality.
    MP count != quality.
    MP count != quality.
    MP count != quality.
    MP count != quality.
    MP count != quality.
    MP count != quality.
    MP count != quality.

All camera phones I have seen take junk photos compared to "low resolution" point and shoots from years gone by. But everyone gets hung up on pixel count, when there's far, far more to image quality.

12. kettleoffish

exactly! my current phone has an 8mpx camera, and it takes worse quality photos than my previous phone which had a 3.2mpx camera. Why? because the lens isn't as good (or as big). And that phone took far inferior pictures to the family digital camera, which was also 3.2mpx.

13. totallyfierce

I think apple is fucking with us. They would never allow something like this to be leaked. And in my opinion it reminds me too much of the droid. For a company who pretty much is the leader in the tech market, it looks to similar to other phones. Apple never copies.

14. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apple officially requested that Gizmodo return the "device" in its possession, thereby admitting in writing that the device is, in fact, a real Apple device. And Gizmodo had disassembled it and confirmed it had Apple components inside it.

I think this is just a colossal leak as a result of a dumbassed accident by an Apple employee. I think it's the real deal, though it may not be the final, production case.

15. Lychee

It's ugly.
    They'd better change the case if they want it to sell.
    For those of us who buy electronics based on their prettiness levels...

16. Jerr

I want one.

I broke down and decided that I was going to get an iPhone with my next upgrade... although I am VERY much despise the Appleness.... I'm much more an orange type of guy....

I just want it to come out BEFORE I have to upgrade. Maybe this summer will be it... hopefully.

I like the look of it. Much better then the previous gens... that whole bubbly round look was weird... This looks straight and to the point. It is a phone. It does many things besides connecting one to grandmama. It is flat so drunkards are no longer tempted to spin it while it is on its back causing a fall and a shatter and an awkward to use screen.

17. kettleoffish

don't worry, iPhone is available on Orange!

http://iphone.orange.co.uk/

18. Connor22

am I the only one who took a boner looking at that?

19. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As has been suggested numerous times, it could be a development case.

As far as "not letting something like this be leaked", all other phone companies also do field testing of development devices, and the engineers have to sign NDAs, etc, yet they still leak out. Also, where the iPhone, and other large touch screen phones have already been invented, it won't draw attention at first blush. As well there's nothing so awe inspiring about this one that we know of. Front facing camera, higher res screen? How does it integrate? While iPhone OS 4 beta is out, we don't know how well it integrates, because the phone was remotely nuked (which other phone makers also have the ability to do to their development devices). It's the software / user experiance that Apple use to try and set themselves apart from other phones. After all, a Mac is just an Intel based PC.

Also, humans lose phones in bars. Apple is staffed by humans. Hence it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Apple staff could get drunk and accidentally leave a phone at a bar.

All of Apple's previous phones have had unheard of market success. Apple just released a tablet device that has sold very successfully, even though people don't know what to do with it. They don't need marketing help, and given part of Apple's successful strategy is building up mystique of unknown, it is out of place to do something like this.

What gets me is how Gizmodo is milking this for all it's worth. They write articles about other articles. They drag the guy that lost it through the mud. They are ad revenue whores, and as well all they ever do on Gizmodo is sit there and masturbate while thinking of Apple products. I wrote a comment questioning it, BANHAMMER BY JASON CHEN. They've also unstarred other commenters.

20. starfish

It pissed me off when I saw they released the guys named. Sure he screwed up, but it was not intentional.

I can tell you that guy is not in a pleasant place right now. Few years back a coworker made a similar mistake. It was not a fun thing to deal with. Now on every interview in the future this will come up. A mistake that should have only been a minor detour in his career, may now end it. It was pretty low class for Gizmodo to release his name.