1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need moar mp3 room :/

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by fallendream, May 3, 2010.

1. fallendream

Okay guys heres the dealio.
    At my current music-listen rate i need to re-upload songs to my walkman every night.
    Somehow 4GB is not enough and the battery life is getting exceedingly shorter (gone from 10 hours to 5 hours)

What is a reasonable size upgrade - 12GB? 60GB? 120GB? etc.
    What is a good alternative to this, i've had it for two years (in september) so i think that's a decent life span :grin:

I won't be getting a replacement straight away since this works okay for now and looks rather nifty.

2. Zumbro

Judging by one of your comments in another thread, you're ant-i. Me too! :grin:

Head over to anythingbutipod.com and have a look around. I'm using a Cowon D2+ right now, but the new D3 looks nice, or the Samsung P3 as well. Best part is, most non-apple products come with expandable memory, so you can change out memory cards for a music switch, or add up to 32gb of extra memory to the player.

3. fallendream

Sound pretty awesome, thanks alot :slight_smile:
    I'll check it out,

4. Harve

Tbh, i don't see anything wrong with ipods, though i can see why some don't like them. They deserve to be so popular - the 120GB models are actually worth the price (albeit the only ones that are), as they double up as an external hard drive. AND they scrobble to last.fm, i'd literally explode/not be able to listen to music in case i ruined my stats if they didn't, but i guess that's just my OCD. I'm glad i don't have anything smaller than say, 60GB though, i'd hate to restrict what i can put on it :/.
    But yeah, it was one of the best £120 i've ever spent, and i'm not even an Apple person.