1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech question; audio files have lost their "Artist" info

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Fiender, May 6, 2010.

1. Fiender

I usually organize all of my songs on my computer by artist, but now all of the files seemed to have lost the "artist" part of their description.

No, I do not mean that the artist part has been emptied, I mean it is GONE. As in, I cannot even go through each file and re-input the artist.

:help:

2. Zumbro

My guess is that the artist tag is simply hidden. Check the properties/details of one of your files to make sure that the ID3 tags are still correct (if the artist is missing there, good luck). Otherwise, usually if you right click on the tag bar, it will pop up a list of ways to organize the music, and you just need to tick artist to make it show up.

What media program are you using?

3. Fiender

That's actually how I first noticed the problem; my music files were organized by "Artist" and one day when I went to look at my music, I saw that it was all "unspecified". The Artist tag for all of the songs, even in the properties window is just gone :/