1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you know anything about Linux?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Miaplacidus, Sep 6, 2007.

?

How much do you know about Linux?

1. I'm a regular Linux user

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. I have tried it, but I don't use it regularly

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I know what it is, but I have never tried it

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. What is Linux??????

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look at the poll above. Thanks!

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I've tried it (a few times) but do not (currently) use it regularly. I plan to buy another hard disk for this laptop when I have some free time, and have a more serious play with Linux, probably PCLinuxOS or Ubuntu/Kubuntu.

The main problem is still the lack of alternatives for some of the Windows apps I use regularly - in particular a decent PDF editor equivalent to Adobe Acrobat Professional. Wine is still not the solution in all cases, and running Windows in VMware is defeating the point of running Linux!

3. Tom

Tom Guest

heard of it but never got round 2 usin it yet

4. step49x

I use it regularly. I'm definitely no expert at it, but I get by. I had a friend install it on my laptop around a year ago, and I've been using it ever since. I have both Xubuntu and Windows XP installed, but I primarily use Xubuntu.

I also have a used computer running Ubuntu Server (aka. it just has a text terminal, no GUI or graphics whatsoever).

5. Rette

I used ubuntu for about a year, recently switched over to slackware (which is giving some headaches). I'm getting pretty comfortable with all the really linux-y stuff, like the command line and editing config files.

6. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Haven't heard of it.. :frowning2: but sounds familiar?