1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim City 'Ultimate City'

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by partietraumatic, Jun 13, 2010.

1. partietraumatic

My friend showed me this. Its basically this guy who took 3 years to create the 'ultimate city' on sim city. It has a population of 6 million people. There is no crime. Very little pollution. There are no roads, everyone works within walking distance of their house.

Maybe its because i'm a geography student, with a particular interest in urban areas, but i found this hugely interesting. Obviously the guy who made the city is trying to say something about the possible direction our society is going.

I found this raised alot of questions, for instance about whether the zero crime in this theoretical city justifies that brutal police force and lack of civil liberties the citizens have.

Anyway yes, i found this really interesting, as i am quite interested im being involved in urban planning in the future.

Though i realise now its possible nobody else may find it as interesting...anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

http://www.viceland.com/blogs/uk-games/2010/05/10/the-totalitarian-buddhist-who-beat-sim-city/

2. Connor22

holy good lord that is awesome/sad

3. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I know how I will be spending the rest of my day now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm....interesting....

5. Allistair

Allistair Guest

Well thats cool but most of the time i usually just build a city then i unleash a crap load of disasters on my city. I personally think its hilarious to throw in a flood or tornado. It's a virtual city so you might as well have fun with it.

6. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    That city scares the bajesus out of me. Cities are supposed to sprawling, messy, and offensive. That's what I love about them.

I haven't played SimCity 4 for years, but when I did, I would always just build a modest sized city and then destroy it. I never actually tried to maintain a functional city, and now I've lost the disc.

7. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I prefer SimCity 3000. I have a couple dozen of nice cities. ^_^

8. Allistair

Allistair Guest

My point exactly, its just more fun to build a city then just throw random disasters at it.