1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I buy an xbox 360??

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Jun 18, 2010.

1. x2x2x2x2y2

So I have a Wii and a PS3 and I'm wondering if I should buy a xbox 360. My friend is trying to convince me.

So I'm not into that many different kinds of games. I like racing, fighting, adventure, and party games. I do not play shooters. Anything that involves crosshairs I cannot play. I'm terrible at them.

So looking at the games xbox has, I'm not sure if there's anything there for me that PS3 doesn't have. Would it be worth it to shell out $150 for an Xbox arcade, plus for the hard drive??

Kinect looks interesting, but then I will also have to pay even more money.

2. It depends on how many exclusive non-shooters are interesting to you. I personally cannot stand them, but there are a lot of other genres that are represented on the 360. Xbox Live is also where a lot of exclusive DLC pops up. I don't have a Wii (I used to, but it broke) or a PS3. I mainly play adventure games and RPG's. I think there's enough to justify a purchase of the 360. :slight_smile:

3. x2x2x2x2y2

How much does xbox live cost??

4. adam88

I'd get one just for Fallout 3: GOTY edition. Which you can get on your PS3, anyways. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I just prefer the 360 controller. :grin:

5. British Lad

British Lad Guest

XBOX live in the uk cost about £30 a year

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    xbox live in the USA is $50 a year.

I personally love my 360, if you do decide to get one here are some games I recomend.
    not all of these were Xbox exculsives so some u might have already.

Alan Wake
    Left 4 Dead
    Dragon Age: Origins
    DC vs Marvel universe

7. Connor22

360s are great and hey THE MASS EFFECT TRILOGY

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, it doesn't sound like you want one really. Not sure if PS3 can do online play - sounds like xbox can. Weigh out if it's really worth it or not. Do you have money to spare on it? Do you think you'll really use it? Do you think you'll need it (what does it do that PS3 doesn't?)? And think about that. Don't do something just because other tells you to. :slight_smile: Do what you want to.

9. ArcaneVerse

Check to see if there are any exclusive games on the xbox, then decide if its worth the money. Honestly I dont think its what you want. i find playstation is better for racing. xbox is way better for shooters though and also better at everything else because of the controller.

oh and i believe xbox is better for online play but im not 100% sure on that.

I dont own a PS3 I wasn't about to pay around $1k for it when it first came out, it didnt have a big selection of games and since then there has only been like 3 games that i wanted to to play that only came on the ps3. but the ps3 has better performance and graphics plus a bluray to boot. (not sure where xbox stands once the new one comes out though)

Again i dont think it will be what you are looking for. check about exclusive games and how much money you have to spend.

10. Shevanel

Dead Rising is an amazing 360 exclusive game =] If i didn't start out with a 360 of all the next gens, I would buy a 360 purely for the sake of it. And Left 4 Dead xD

11. Totoro

Only get a 360 if you actually want to play:
    -multiplayer/online (at a cost) == Warning: Lots of idiots on LIVE
    -Lots of First person shooters (Halo, CoD, games like that)
    -Games like: Mass Effect (supposedly really good), Gears of War
    -Xbox LIVE arcade/DLC == Note: You basically have to pay for any extra services with a 360
    -Kinnect/Natal? (Basically 'eye toy' except better) (but apparently it's gonna be $150 =| )

To be honest most games now are multi platform, so you could probably play it on PS3 about 70% of the time. I would pretty much consider the 360 the hard core console for shooters. Maybe that should help give you some incentive to purchase/not purchase it?
    (i don't recommend the arcade version though; no hard drive =3)
    Source: I own both =|

I still think the PC is the best 'console' ;3

12. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

A lot of games for Xbox 360 are also for PS3. So, unless you have a large game list you want to play and can't because it's only for the 360, don't buy one.

Plus, online play for the PS3 is free, you have to pay for it on the Xbox 360.

13. Shevanel

Oh, Mass Effect 1 and 2 are fucking amazing too. There are many reasons to get a 360, but more reason to have all 3. xD

14. x2x2x2x2y2

Doesn't Mass Effect 1 and 2, Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, Alan Wake, and Fallout 3 involve guns of some sort??

15. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

I think 90% of games now a days involve guns in some way!

16. Danielle

Danielle Guest

This

17. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had an Xbox 360 since Christmas but I have literally no games for it.

18. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I have no idea how much XBox live would cost.If you can afford it go for it.

19. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Make an account and you should get a month trial along with a subscription option which should detail the price for you

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I namely use my 360 for two games: Naruto 2: The Rising Ninja. And Fable 2 :slight_smile: And I got Arcade when it was like 200 bucks still. So it's much cheaper now and wouldn't be a waste.