1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have that obsession with the Sims?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by theJosephDean, Jun 18, 2010.

1. theJosephDean

Because I sure do. Though a late fan of the franchise, I began when The Sims 3 came out last year. I have both EP's and the SP. Just wanted to know if anyone had some Sims-related stories they'd like to share.

I looked through the new Gaming board and didn't see a Sims thread other than the "Ultimate City" one. And after a search, I didn't see any threads specifically posted for it.

Thus, the PowerPuff Girls were bo--- no wait, that's wrong.

Thus, this thread was made. ^_^

I recently got Ambitions since I traded a textbook back into Amazon (a decent trade, methinks). Heh. But I haven't had any time to play in a while.

Anyways, after needless exposition, let's discuss, shall we?

2. Étoile

I've been a fan since TS1 back in 2000. A ten year fan!

I used to play TS1 and TS2 religiously until Bon Voyage came out. That's when I went into a cooldown period. I played thrice every week instead of daily.

When TS3 came out, the addiction kicked in again LOL but it died a lot quicker than when I played its predecessors.

I play TS3 probably twice a week now. My graphics suck since I don't have any money to buy a graphics card. With college coming up, that'll be the last thing on my Christmas list.

I haven't gotten WA or Ambitions. Neither really sparked my interest. I'm contemplating buying Ambitions, but I'm not sure if my computer can handle as many EPs it did with TS2.

3. theJosephDean

Lol! WA was okay the first few times, but after you explore the tombs once, it gets repetitive. Especially when your Sims start getting the "Go to ~~~" wish every other minute. I've only made a game in Ambitions, but I've yet to do any of the new professions. I just don't have time to sit and play this week :\ But I will soon! =]

4. Étoile

I didn't even waste my time with WA because I knew it'd get insanely repetitive just like BV was.

I hope the next EP is a remake of Seasons or Nightlife or a combination of the two. My towns needs to be more alive!

5. NickT

I've been playing Sims 3 a lot. Or I used to. Would play it more, it's just EVERY TIME they update, something goes wrong, or I have to mess around with my mods or, in the worst case scenario, wait months for a new patch to fix it before I resume playing. I kinda got fed up with it.

6. theJosephDean

YES! I love using the Extended/Tunable Core mod, but they haven't updated it for 4-point-whatever version Ambitions is.

7. ANightDude

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer TS2 over TS3. I didn't play TS3 that long, but is it really any better? Juss curious.

8. Étoile

The traits are much better than the aspiration system and the environment is beautiful if you got good graphics.

Besides that, it's lost a lot of charm for some odd reason. There's also not much to do in the town. The park is the only place with any livelihood.

9. AlyssWonderland

I LOVE TS2. Never played TS3 (my computer is horrible, cant get games like that). I have TS2, Bustin Out, and TS2 Pets (which I lost) on my ps2.
    <3<3<3 The sims.

10. theJosephDean

Like I said, never played TS2, but I've heard love/hate things about Pets, lol. I hope they include something like that in a future TS3 EP. I'd like to have some little creature of which to take care xD

11. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Sims, Sim2, and Sim3 got em all. Had all EP for one and two but lost my love for it after a while with 3. Not been on it in aaages! I love playing 'god' good fun. :lol:

12. Emberstone

my main problem is I need a patch to fix the crashes. every single amibitions professon crashes me. You finished a job, and the game crashes completely.

This is the first time I have been effected by bugs. usually, my computer doesnt have them because bugs are most prevelient in the computers of people who mess around with their system too much, or are psychosexually addicted to mods and hacks.

13. theJosephDean

That would be me. xD

I haven't had any problems with it what little I've played though :\

14. ANightDude

Aww. I remember when "The Sims Unleashed" for TS1 came out. Gahd, I played that for HOURS. Having pets just made the game even better. :slight_smile:

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not into some of the gameplay changes in Sims 3, and I can't run it at the moment anyway, but I still love Sims 2. I'm in my sixth generation of a legacy right now.

16. theJosephDean

Sweeeeeet. I've gotten to the fourth generation before (but the most recent TS3 patch messed up the game file >.>)

17. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been a fan since I got The Sims [1] Double Deluxe almost ten years ago. Besides that, I have The Sims 2 and several (but not all) of its epxansion and stuff packs as well as The Sims 3 and both of its expansions (but not the stuff pack). I also have The Sims: Bustin' Out for GameCube and used to have but have the lost Urbz for DS and Sim City 4.

Ambitions is so much more fun than World Adventures. I've only been able to play like three or so times though because I've been so busy as the school year draws to a close.

#17 IsItSo, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  18. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Or the ability to have more families :grin: . I bought it the day it came out.

For some reason, all of my sims come out gay. I'm on my 2nd generation of a gay family atm.

19. x2x2x2x2y2

Sugar, spice, and everything nice!!(that's the way it goes, I think)

I bought The Sims 3 when it came out, played it for a few months, and that's it.

20. theJosephDean

Wondering if/when anyone was going to catch that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And I don't blame you. I fail at the creativity when it comes to The Sims. I always want to make some sort of legacy game and keep making generations after generations. I try to do the evil thing, but then once I kill someone (which usually involves testingcheatsenabled and sliding hunger bars), I feel like I'm cheating (says the guy that has over 500MB in mods alone) and then end up getting tired of it lol.