1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Accomplishments

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SolitaryKnight, Jun 24, 2010.

1. SolitaryKnight

What is your proudest moment in gaming? What monster did you slay that you never thought you'd beat? What game did you conquer that you thought impossible? What mission did you beat that your friends could not?

Show us your gamer spirt!

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The first time that I played LoZ: Ocarina of Time I was excited every time I beat a boss. :lol:

I love that game. I've played it dozens of times. :grin:

3. theJosephDean

Sadly, my proudest moment was beating the Broodmother in Dragon Age >.< The first time I went up against her, it took me like thirty tries but I finally killed her. =/ I scared the hell out of my roommate who had his earphones in watching something on Hulu when I jumped up and screamed, "EAT IT!" at the computer, but I think it was worth it.

:lol:

4. Charme

Charme Guest

In Civilization 4, I conquered Korea while playing as Polynesia. That will show Kim Jung Il not to mess with my coastal cities! :grin:

5. SolitaryKnight

Mine has to be defeating Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII... a 9 hour long deathmatch that resulted in my victory over that beast.

Also, bringing down the WEAPONS in FFVII...

And the one game I never thought I would beat... the original Phantasy Star on Sega Master System.

6. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    YES.

I can't even describe how I felt when I finally beat the Water Temple for the first time. That was a serious accomplishment. xD

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    batman arkham asylum was the first game I got all the achievements for... Alan Wake you're next.:badgrin:

8. Eponine

Beating omega weapon in FF8 was pretty up there for me. ^_^

9. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every time I play it, I forget where the key for the second door needed to get to Dark Link is. XD

10. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never understood what's so difficult about the Water Temple. The first time I played the game, I completed it in a few hours after leaving the Fire Temple unfinished in confusion and frustration. I've played through the game more than once and haven't run into anything really terrible about it.

11. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've found that the Fire Temple was always easier than the Water Temple, personally.

12. shnirly

Yay! Another Civ fan! Mine would be defeating China when playing as Rome. :slight_smile:

13. Allistair

Allistair Guest

Hhm i guess when i beat Amelyssan in Baldurs Gate 2, that was just an amazing boss fight and in my mind it's probably in the top 2 for best boss fights ever. Plus after you beat her you get some major choices, become a god, or live as a mortal.

14. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Yeah, I never thought the Fire Temple was that difficult.

Personally, I LOVE the Water Temple. It's actually my favorite temple out of all the Zelda games I've played (which is most of them xD). The Fire Temple is probably my least favorite, just because I found it kind of boring.

15. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love all of the temples in OoT. *shrugs*

16. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Beating Freebird (the hardest song in the game) in Guitar Hero 2 on expert was a pretty proud moment for me, as was beating Green Grass and High Tides (hardest game on disk) in Rock Band on expert guitar. However, both pale in comparison to the joy I felt when I beat Satch Boogie (the absolute hardest song ever in the history of the Rock Band series) on expert guitar. I probably spent a total of thirty minutes just practicing and getting used to that really tricky riff, and even after that, it took me a lot of tries. When I hit that final note at the end of that infamous solo, though, words could not describe my excitement. I screamed "YES!!" at the top of my lungs. I jumped up and down and did my victory dance. I probably annoyed quite a few of the neighbors, too. Thank god both of my roommates were at their houses at the time, because they wouldn't have been able to look at me the same way again had they seen that.

(For those who aren't familiar with the monster that is Satch Boogie, here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqWbtBW6srU The really hard part starts at 1:56.)

17. Kirakishou

When I defeated Clair in HeartGold.
    I don't remember what went on that detailedly anymore, but it featured most of my Pokemon dying and Togetic using Fly to make Kingdra waste all its PP. It was really intense and it felt like a battle from the anime. >_>

18. I'm going to sound like a major nerd for saying this (and it really isn't the best thing I've ever done, but I'm proud of it), but I would say that beating March of the Pigs on expert drums on Rock Band 2 was one of my favourite gaming moments. I spent forever training on that song (and other songs in its tier). I'm now trying to beat a song or two in the final tier on expert drums. I wonder how long it's going to take.

I've done more impressive stuff, though. Mostly on the FF and GTA games. :slight_smile:

19. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

March of the Pigs is no small feat; I applaud you, sir. If you are going for a final tier song, I would suggest you start with The Trees. I think it's pretty overtiered, so if you want to be able to say you beat a final-tier song, that's the one to go for. That or Colony of Birchmen, but I'd say The Trees is easier.

20. I got pretty close with The Trees, so maybe I'll go for that one. I'm definitely not going to do anything like Panic Attack or Ted, Just Admit It... any time soon. I think that Love Spreads might be realistic, though. I might try to beat it.