1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 or PS3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by travelinsoul21, Jul 7, 2010.

1. **yes I realize there is already a thread about XBOX 360, but I thought since this was a different subject I should go ahead and post it**

I'm saving up to buy a new gaming system. What I'm not sure about is if I should buy the PS3 Slim or the XBOX 360 Slim. I've heard the XBOX 360 Slim has more storage, a 250 GB hard drive. What should I do? The types of Games I like are games like Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, FIFA World Cup Soccer 2010, Madden NFL, etc...

Any suggestions?

Also I don't have a high def tv, and is that going to be a problem?

2. djt820

Uhm...The ps3 has a 250gb hard drive as well >_>
    And all the games you mentioned are on both consoles...

But if you want my opinion, the ps3 has more exclusive games that catch my eye.

3. Well I wasn't aware of that. What exclusive titles do they have with the PS3 that they dont on the XBOX 360 and vice versa

4. Shevanel

^

I bought my Ps3 specifically for these games:
    Demon's Souls
    Heavy Rain
    Uncharted 1 and 2
    Little Big Planet
    Metal Gear Solid 4

(there's also God of War 3 and Killzone, but I'm more interested in GoW3)

with 360, there's Halo and a bunch of stuff obviously, but I dunno
    Dead Rising sticks out but the sequel will be multi-platform too.
    I can't think of other 360 games at the moment xD

5. SolitaryKnight

I just have a PS3, mainly for Final Fantasy. But Resident Evil 5 and Demons' Souls are both regularly played as well. Perhaps I will invest in GTA4 soon too.

6. djt820

Twisted Metal and The Last Guardian are great ps3 exclusives as well.

7. Well specifically, which is more advanced? Better graphics, etc?

8. Shevanel

^ Ps3 for sure.

But you shouldn't base it on that, base it on the kind of games you want. I'm an idiot and have all 3 "next-gen" systems, and most of them have some kind of "backwards compatibility" or downloadable classic games. And I also like to collect older systems and games too. I don't really suggest any other way xD

#8 Shevanel, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  9. Rikudo

The PS3 tends to have a better quality on exclusives while Multiplatform games tend to be more or so tied with 360 graphics. However I do know that the 1st Gen PS3s blasted away the 360. I do not know the current capablities of the Slims compared to Fatties but it seems to be less in terms of other features (lack of flash and BC).

10. djt820

Also, the 1st gens had the ability to install Linux. The slims suck hardcore. No backwards compatibility either.

11. Rikudo

Well with the up coming Collections you could very well see you favorite games. I know I look forward to the Sly Cooper Collection and the Team ICO Collection. But there has been rumors that games like Kingdom Hearts could be given there own collections.

12. djt820

That's cool and all but I would still like to play the ps2 games I have already paid for on my ps3. I don't think it's cool at all to have to pay again just to play those games again. Especially if it's a digital download.

13. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd say 360. I think it has better games
    Mass Effect 1 & 2 are amazing
    Alan Wake kicks ass
    Halo games are the best online shooting money can buy
    Gears of War games are the shit
    Forza Motorsport games are some of the best racing games out there
    Lost Odyssey is an amazing RPG
    Fable games are some of the best action RPGs out there
    And all of those can only be found on the Xbox 360

Plus Xbox live, while it costs money is a much better service then PSN. All 360s come with headsets so you can talk to people, PS3s don,t so not many people talk online on PS3 games. You can join parties and keep them across multiple games on Xbox live, not on PSN. Xbox live is just generally better then PSN in my opinion.

Plus Microsoft is getting more exclusive games & exclusive CLD because it has more money to buy them with. When a modern warfare game gets released, all downloadable content is released first on Xbox live. PS3 gamers have to wait months for it. It was also that way with Fallout 3 DLC and grand theft auto DLC if I'm not mistaken.

14. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest, it's a tie-breaker for me. I love 360 because it has some amazing games like mentioned above, but PS3 has much better features and graphics. Plus, I'm dying to play the God of War games on PS3.

15. ArcaneVerse

also you have to factor in the controllers, everyone forgets about the controllers. I cant stand the playstation controllers xbox has a much better controller in my opinion, way more comfortable and easier to play with.

also the new xbox slim isnt a downgrade from the standard xbox its actually an upgrade where as i believe the ps3 slim is a "lite" version of the ps3 which isn't as good.

16. Rikudo

Really? I always find the 360 controller to be clunky and oversized whereas I get a nice smooth feeling of control with the PS3. Also neither are really an upgrade aside from the new 360 having Kinetic built into it and having a better cooling system to prevent every bodies favorite the RROD. Both just have have larger hard drives.

17. Shevanel

It's ALL about what you're used to. Controllers ALWAYS feel weird when you're not used to them.

18. ArcaneVerse

i believe the xbox s comes with some hardware upgrades, plus the new cooling and it is also much quieter than the standard. and with the ps3 slim people have already listed some disadvantages from the orginal ps3 but im not a expert on ps3 as i dont own one.

Yeah for sure, i mean except for racing for some reason playstation controllers are great for racing but im really not a fan of racing games so its not important to me. I went from a ps2 to a xbox 360 and omg the dif with controllers was amazing, seriously ever try playing a shooter on ps? its shitty. i find ps controller joy sticks to be way too loose (dont know if they fixed this with ps3) and it makes for bad aiming and overall i find the 360 a way more comfortable fit.

and yeah of course part of it is what your familiar with but you can grow accustomed to either controller really its just for me and for most people i talk to (most of them play shooters) they prefer xbox controllers. but all i was really saying is people should factor in controllers seeing as its an important part of gaming, try them both out and see which is more comfortable for you and the types of games you play.

Also I forgot to mention online play, from what i have read xbox live has a bigger\better community then ps3. but its hard to tell these days every person\story is biased is some way.

#18 ArcaneVerse, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  19. Shevanel

The new 360 also has Built in Wi-fi, like the PS3 did. They're leveling out.

20. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    Well it really depends on what games you want.

I myself am going to get the PS3 simply because of the exclusive Ff games, and god of war, and because in my opinion they have better rpg games then the xbox.

however if you want to play fps games online then go xbox. so you can get games such as halo