1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackberry's / Smartphones

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mitchell, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Mitchell

I realize there is already a topic on phones,although I haven't seen anything about blackberry devices or smartphones.

I myself have a blackberry storm and I absolutely LOVE it.

I love how it keeps everything in sync, my google contacts, calendar, and such... it keeps my email in sync, and I bought some cool programs... one of which is called IM+, and it has an IM "push" mode, which will push my IM's to my blackberry when I'm signed out of Instant Messenger.

I also have a diet application that tracks calories, which can be VERY useful.

There is so much about the blackberry that I could go on for hours talking about. I absolutely love it.

Anyone else have a blackberry or other smartphone?

I've had a blackberry 7250, a treo 650, a blackberry pearl, now i have the storm..

Mitchell

2. starfish

I've had 2 Blackberrys, a 8100 Perl and a 9000 Bold. They we good when I got them, but I recently switched to a HTC Aria running Android 2.1.

I never did instant messaging on my phone. I liked email on the Blackberry better, but I find the Android phone more useful over all.

3. thevre

Currently up for another phone renewal 2 year do-what at Verizon... and trying to decide between a Blackberry and an Android phone.

4. th3blank1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the Incredible. Although the DroidX is coming out soon. I'd wait until the DroidX comes out, HTC's Sense UI screws up a lot of apps sometimes.

Before I had the Palm Pre from Sprint, but I switched to Verizon a few months ago since I decided paying money for reception I didn't get in my apartment was a waste of money.

5. Mitchell

I LOVE the app "Drivesafe.ly", but my mother made me disable it today at lunch. We were at a restaurant and it started talking, "new text message from <insert name here>" and she said it was not polite to have something like that in public.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I have the new Blackberry Curve 8530 or whatever number they're on now and my boyfriend has the Motorola Droid. There are pros and cons to both Android and Blackberry devices based on what I've noticed. The Blackberries handle e-mail spectacularly but their web browser is not the best. The androids have really good web browsers but I don't like how they handle e-mail. Different people prioritize different things I suppose. I don't think the Blackberry web browser is all that bad and it does what I need to (I'm not too picky nor am I looking for it to be as close to a computer browser as possible). I love my Blackberry <3.

7. Mitchell

I have an extended life battery on my blackberry and it works WONDERFULLY...

I got the blackberry initially to replace my HP iPaq PDA... I didn't want to carry around a phone and a PDA and whatnot....

At school I'm allowed to use a PDA, it just made sense to get a smartphone for a PDA, so I could sync wirelessly, make phone calls, and just do it all on one device.