1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100% Game completion

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by KittyBoy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. KittyBoy

Does anybody ever feel the need to complete a game 100%? That is including even the smallest and most minute of things! Like picking up all items or destroying all things in sight. Getting medals from in the game or completing every side-story. Do you feel the need to do it or can you just go through the games once and not look at it again?

I know I have felt the need to finish everything 100%!

#1 KittyBoy, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. Connor22

let me guess... Crackdown?

3. theJosephDean

I did that with the PC version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

My desire to complete a game is dependent on how difficult/time-consuming it is complete and how much I enjoyed the game; the more I enjoy the game, the more I'm willing to put up with the complete it. In fact, I don't think I really have any real drive to complete a game; if a game is fun, I'll keep playing it until it isn't fun anymore, and sometimes that means I'll complete the game because it's so fun that I wanted to see everything it has to offer.

However, with very rare exception, I'll never bother with those "pick up every one of X item" side quests within a game. Those rare exceptions are when they are easy (like in Spiderman 2, where the in-game map pointed out where every hint orb (or whatever they were called) was) or when they confer some sort of in-game advantage (like collecting all of the energy and missile expansions in the various Metroid games, or all of the heart containers in the Legend of Zelda games. I've never done the latter, because I can usually get by with just the ones I encounter naturally in my travels.)

As for which game's I've completed? Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Resident Evil 4, all of the games in the original Spyro trilogy, all three Metroid Prime games, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid: Zero Mission (the Metroid games tend to be pretty easy to complete) stand out in my mind as games I've completed.

5. SolitaryKnight

Sometimes I feel the need to complete a game 100%, depending on how avid I am. Usually I get really bored after awhile (often when I am really close to being complete), and I give up. Other times the quests are so ridiculous I don't even both to even try - item collection is the worst.

6. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I do, it depends upon how much time I want to spend on it.

7. Rikudo

I did it with KHII. Over 200+ hrs of gameplay on hard(which is joke). Got everything and destroyed everything.

8. frostreaver

Me! Every game I play, especially RPGs, I need to do all the side quests, collect every unique item etc before completing the main quest. I dunno why but I just like my playthroughs perfect.

9. BrettV

i used to back in the nes/snes/n64 days ... like in the original zelda .. had to find every little thing, even the useless ones.

not so much anymore. I only play games I worked on and only to the point of knowing that I did a good job.

** Portal and Portal 2 being the exception.

#9 BrettV, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  10. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I envy you for having played the original LoZ! <3 XD

11. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

If it seems like it's actually possible, I do. I took me like 3 years (on-and-off) playing "Dark Cloud" to beat it all the way through. It's really fun though lol.

12. VampConspiracy

Depends on how long/tedious/fun it is.

I've done Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines forwards, backwards, upside-down, and inside-out completing the game as five of the seven clans.

I've also demolished Chrono Cross.

If it is as long as an epic four-disc PlayStation game, however (points squarely at the Final Fantasy games), then hell no; if I don't do everything within the first playthrough, whatever. There are other games to play.

13. djt820

The only games I 100%'d were Gun and Spider-man (for the ps1)

14. NickT

No, Assassin's Creed, I am NOT going to collect every damn feather for his stupid mother >:|

15. Gaetan

When I was a kid, I didn't consider a game beaten till it was 100%. As the sheer volume of things in the average game increased, I stopped completing everything. Was about late Nintendo 64, Game Cube when I stopped.

If it's a very good game, though, I will strive for as close as I can get to complete.

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These days I've been trying to get 100% for a lot of PS3 games because of the trophy achievements....But in the past with some of my N64 games I tried to get everything too. But I find with PS3 I've been having difficulty with it too...I mean inFamous, Lego Harry Potter, and most of Assassin's Creed 2..but I dunno...some games I find the trophies are just really difficult to get and I wind up watching my character die like fifty times in a row....so I eventually give up...

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do however the only game I've ever done 100% is Batman Arkham asylum, and I broke a chair over trying to do it too.

18. Markio

Whenever I play a game, my first objective is to beat the final boss, watch the credits, and then proceed to maxing out the game. The one exception is Super Mario 64, where I like to get every star in order of level. That way the 120th star I get is when I face the third Bowser.

I most often play Pokemon Blue, and because I don't have a link cable, I can never get all 150 pokemon. Usually I play through the Elite Four, catch as many pokemon as possible, then usually restart and come up with a better team to raise this time around.

19. Totoro

If i reallly realllllyyy like the game i will 100% game completion, because i don't want it to end T_T I think I ended up doing 100% with The World ends with you, and Megaman Battle Network 3 are the only ones that pop up into my head at this time.
    I never caught 150 pokemon or however many there are now, that was just ridiculous >_< But 100% game completion is great because it lets you keep playing the game even though you hit the ending!

20. Kupo!

Kupo! Guest

I did 100% with both Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.... It made me feel special hahaha.