1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash Issues? Facebook Issues? What the heck?!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Numfarh, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I'll try to keep the ranting to a minimum, but for the past few days or so, I have been unable to run certain Flash bits while browsing the internet. Clearly, Flash is ubiquitous and thus I need to fix this. It is severely inhibiting my browsing experience!

The problem is that I feel I have tried everything and I still have no idea what to do. I have fiddled around with the setting on the Adobe flash manager, changed Firefox's cookie acceptance, checked to make sure NoScript wasn't causing it, updated Firefox and searched online for several hours without any luck. I am at my wit's end and I can't imagine what else I could possibly try.

The list of problems includes (but is not limited to):
    - Unable to post messages on walls on Facebook or my profile.
    - A blank page when trying to check Facebook messages in the inbox.
    - Unable to get rid of old messages on Facebook.
    - Unable to view embedded Youtube videos even though I can view them just fine when I go to the youtube site.

Help? Please. I can't take it any longer.

EDIT: I just checked with Internet Explorer and it works fine there. It is clearly a Firefox thing. The add-ons I have that could possibly interfere are No-Script and Ad-Block. But I haven't changed anything on them to cause this shift. I feel like it must be a setting on Firefox or on the Flash manager that is botching this up.

#1 Numfarh, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
  2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I've had this problem. Uninstalling both Firefox and Flash, the reinstalling fixes it for me.

If that doesn't work, uninstall it and install the new beta or an older version, and see if that works.

It also could be because you have to update it, so try and see if you have any updates.

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

No luck on that front. I just went through and did it like you said. Nothing changed.
    I still can't do anything on Facebook. It must be a setting somewhere.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you getting "Flash plugin required, click here to locate plugin" and then it doesn't give you anything? I had that when I was setting up my new laptop. I used IE to find and download the Flash installer for Firefox and that ended up working.

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Nope. I have Flash. It works. Sometimes.
    But for example, I can't push the 'Send' buttons on Facebook. My cursor acknowledges that it is a button and changes accordingly, but Firefox is not acknowledging that something should be happening. When I go to the inbox, it is blank. Nothing loads.
    I can't even use the Facebook help page because it won't let me look at the frickin' help questions when I click on them.

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Although I doubt it, it could be a virus. :/

Probably not though.

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Does this happen with other browsers?

8. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Nope. I just checked it on Internet Explorer and it was working fine.

9. kettleoffish

facebook doesn't run on flash, try reinstalling firefox.

If you think one of your add-ons is causing the problem, try disabling them one at a time to find which one it is.