1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone vs Droid

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by EM68, Aug 5, 2010.

1. EM68

I am going to be upgrading my phone soon. I have Verizon Wireless which does not carry the iPhone. Right now I have the LG Dare and thinking of getting a Droid Incredible or an iPhone. What do you guys think?

2. foofighter

I would choose based on who has the best reception in your area. I love my iPhone and would never switch, but the new droids are pretty nice and would be a major upgrade from your Dare. My friend has a Droid X and he loves it. But the iPhone has a better camera, screen, build quality, games, and battery life.

3. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

iPhone as it just works, theres a HUGE library of apps and they are reliable! Mines is coming up to two years old and its still works like new! :slight_smile:

4. theJosephDean

I'm getting a Droid in a few months because I have Verizon, and AT&T has poor coverage in my area (then again, ... nah, I won't say it; don't want to start an argument :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). The Droid, from what I've seen from the ones my friends own, has plenty of apps to choose from and has the same functionality. Of course, the iPhone has been around longer (I think?) and has more apps, the point of a phone is to be a phone. Not to be an iPod Touch. xDD

If you have Verizon, just stick with it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. kettleoffish

I would previously have said iPhone, but I bought my first Android phone a few weeks ago and I would choose it over an iPhone any day.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coverage is crucial. I have friends with both phones. But AT&T has absolutely the worst reputation of any major carrier for having abysmally bad coverage. There are some areas where their coverage is fine, but that's the complaint I've heard from nearly every iphone user I know.

As far as the phones, these days they are pretty similar in functionality. Plusses and minuses to each. iPhones have more apps, Androids do a few cool things (notably, play Flash videos) that iPhones can't (or Steve Jobs won't) do. Androids have more frequent firmware updates, adding new features. iPhones have a completely stable OS that almost never crashes, while Androids are a tiny bit less stable.

Honestly, you can't go too far wrong with either. If AT&T has excellent coverage in your area, the iPhone might be a good choice. But if you know of any people complaining about coverage, choose a Droid, because the spotty coverage makes using the phone miserable.

7. EM68

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am leaning towards the iPhone. I called ATT and the cost per month will be less. The only thing is that if I go that route I need to wait until January to upgrade. :dry:

8. Damon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Droid FTW!!! i say you should go with the droid seeing as to how getting the iphone involves switching your phone service and what not :wink: also getting the droid avoids the long wait :slight_smile:

9. N3p7uN3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, the iPhone 4 doesn't have a better camera in comparison to other Android devices.

Consider watching this video... (some vulgar language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

[Edit] foofighter: BUILD QUALITY!? Are you kidding? Be careful you don't hold your phone the wrong way :wink:

#9 N3p7uN3, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  10. Emberstone

iphone, cause it seems less likely to enslave the human race in a hostile take over of machina and automatia....

11. kettleoffish

this is apple you're talking about you know?

mind you, google is probably worse.

12. Emberstone

so... then the battery will die in a year and a half, and you will have to pay as much as your paid to buy the phone to get it replaced...

13. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

I beg to differ...

14. 507bro

if the phone is good and has crappy coverage the phone still sucks
    just telling you. I have verizon and i surf the web alot on my phone
    and can still do it when i travel to rural areas. also my droid has flash
    and I lover watching videos from other websites beside youtube.

15. Emberstone

but can you pop popcorn with it?:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtrboPeilCk[/YOUTUBE]