1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something interesting

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mitchell, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Mitchell

Hey all...

I did something interesting today.
    I run Linux, I also have a dedicated server running Linux (Redhat... my personal computers run mint)

Anyway, I have a complete proxy system setup using SQUID and some other things so that hopefully when school starts, my personal laptop I bring with me won't be subjected to their useless content filters that filter out things I need for my online courses.

2. frogweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I still have my old personal proxy running from when I left school and I use it at work now. They caught on at school though and blocked my IP address so I couldn't connect. Luckily hasn't happened at work yet!

3. starfish

I have a Cisco router at home that I have an IPSec VPN setup on.

I use it when I don't want people to be able to snoop my internet traffic, i.e. when using WiFi hotspots. I just connect the VPN and VNC into one of my systems at home. Then just do the browsing from that machine.

I could accomplish the same by tunneling VNC over SSH, but the router has the licensing so I figured why not.