1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

final fantasy, neone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by neverover, Sep 22, 2007.

1. neverover

hi! ff fans goes here.
    my all time fave ff story :
    ff6 (amazingly complex story)
    ff4 (very dramatic)
    ff7 (very....cinematic)
    most amazing gameplay:
    ff12 (i love it! no comment, just try it)
    ff10-2 (fast attack, variable job)
    ff7 (materia, copied in ff10)
    best esper:
    ultima (ff12)
    anima (ff10)
    shiva (ff10)
    best chara:
    yuna
    fran
    balthier
    what bout u? btw, neone got zodiac spear in ff12 in henne mines?

2. Jerr

Final Fantasy 7 is my favorite and I hate that it gets hit on so many times because its graphics weren't the best. (Non cinematic) Hell it was one of the first Playstation games!

If they remake it for the PS3 with way better graphics (but MUST have same game play and story) I'd buy a playstation 3 just for that game.

I hated pretty much nothing on that game.

I'll play 3 and 8 but I decided to stop waisting money when I had 8 and a friend bought 9 and I saw 9... it had potential but to me it failed.

Someone tried to get me to play the newer ones... yeah uh no.

Final Fantasy Online was actually fun. lol I had a White Mage named Wizzums. (Wizzums is my favorite name for wizards... don't jack my name!) I just don't have the internet connection (or the money) to pay/play it.

But yeah... 7... I could talk for hours about that games and its many wonders whether it be story or game play or whatnot.

3. crimsonarcher

yes!!!

Yuna is awesome!!

personally, I like Ashe from XII, and Zell in VIII, and Vivi in IX!!!
    Paine was awesome, Yuffie, Aeris, Tifa!!!

i really wasn't into the male characters all that much except Balthier in XII...

4. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I like tactics =P

5. crimsonarcher

ooh, tactics was fun!!

it felt like playing chess, only better!!

6. Tom

Tom Guest

ok ive played on everysingle ff game ever! the ff games b4 7 i played on wile round a friends, i enjoyed em but i think i was 2 young to get into em properly, now ff7 im stil playin on it now 8 years (i fink) after i got it lol. ff8 i hated, ff9 i believe was gd and 10 was decant 2, 11 i didnt like the online play cus i didnt wana have 2 pay for the game then 2 play on it aswell, and atm im just goin thru ff12 the gambit system is amazin tbh, i went and kill yizamat with only me gambits on lol. all i had 2 do was swap party leaders when mine died.

so far i have killed every single secret boss guy, im just annoyed tht penance from ffx cud only be killed by zanmato, and yes i tried to kill him w/o it but afew hours in i got bored so just zanmato'd his ass.

ff12 i dont think the story line is that great compared to ff7 or 9, it doesnt have many plot twists and you can complete it in 80-100 hours fully, tht is every1 at lvl 99, all mob hunts dun, all rare-game hunted and completed beastiary with all the best weapons and armour. i currently have 6 sets of the best mage/range/melee armours so tht any of my caras can be any 1 of em just incase i need an extra mage or somet. ff7 the ruby weapon was an amazin boss,emerald was 2 me a lil easy i killed it at lvl 79, was a hard fight but i stil killed it. now ff9 my only hugely major rant about it is ozma, i killed him in 7 rounds and wud of been sooner if i cud f been asked 2 actually get the friendly creature thingies so i cud of ataked him with zidane, not just steiners shock ability but it was an easy fight none the less, atleast there was an island where the creatures put up a gd fight, forgot its name now tho seein as i aint beenm on it in ages. and the ff7 story line has everything in! from eco-terrorism to saving the world from a mad man decended from a life form tht fell to the planet and spread a disease tht killed the ancient civilisation tht lived there. it even has a mini submarine, motorbike and snowboardin mini game in! ff9's story line was also quite decant, when u started out u didnt know u wud have 2 stop the queen from takin over the world and stopping one world destroy tht, and then even convince the very being of creation or w/e it was tht they were worthy of life, and by they i mean the entire planet.

i cud go on for way longer cus ive probs spent 25% of my life on these games there just so amazin! and woo epic post

7. Jerr

^New best friend.^

8. Tom

Tom Guest

lol and i didnt include 10-2 for a reason, i kinda didn't like it, with a passion. the new game plus was a gr8 idea, i completed it 100% so i had the complete set of 100% ff games i just didnt like the fact there wereonly 3 memers and u cudnt swap or anythin, u didnt get new weapons, just dress spheres, even tho tht was kinda a gd idea. id of like 2 see u able 2 find beter weapons for the dress spheres tho to make it more interesting. and via infinito, the monster graphics on tht were just absurd, when they started getting bigger thn what wud fit on the normal battle screen and had 2 change the camera angle 2 fit em in was just wrong! there was really verly lil logic in makin em tht big, w/o catnip accessory i killed em easily enuf and if u go at the creatures get stronger say 10% they get 5% bigger then ud expect somet tht size 2 be near unbeatable yet it wasnt, and vegnagun i swear was just a mechanical grass hopper with a big gun and killing it by doing mabe 50k damage wtf is tht all about! schnizo in ff7 had 36k life and was about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way thru the game and at tht point u were doing less damge than what u were on ff12.

and yes i have a zodiac spear from the henne mines, i was luky tho and got it in less thn an hour =] i just wanted 2 spears and a mage for my main group cus the gr8 swords yeh there strong but i prefer the spear

#8 Tom, Sep 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2007
  9. Jerr

I liked the materia concept in 7 and I liked that 9999 was the limit. Prevented people from killing things OH so fast... now there were ways around that (Double slash and kotr) but most don't use double slash and kotr you had to work for.

10. Tom

Tom Guest

lol all my team had 4x cut and kotr i ended up with 3 or 4 of em with how much training i did, i cant remember exactly how much cash i have atm but i know tht it has atleast 4 digits tht r in the small font but i ahvent checked in ages and been in the sunken gelinka airship and seein as i have gil pllus mastered i get 20k cash a fight, wich is over in 1 hit usually

11. Jerr

I was an Enemy Skill fanatic... <3'd that materia! lol

Big Guard/White Wind were my most commonly used ones. I played with the others as well.

Magic Hammer is fun. I actually drained Ruby Weapon of all his mp before I killed him. I didn't know what to do so I was like ahh big guard/regan! magic hammerr! Limit! eee (small screams when I was hit) lol I was spazzy with that game and I <3'd every second

12. Tom

Tom Guest

lol i seem 2 just be able 2 play ff games from the second i pick upthe controller, i hadnt played on ff12 until i went round a friends, she had got to the last boos and completed it but found it hard, i went there and kinda slaughtered himwith the same lvls as she had. lukily i did have time 2 get used to the gambits with the fights in the airfort bahamut else i dont think i wdu of been able to. the ruby weapon for me is stil probably the hardest boss ive fught and i never used magic hammer on it, and it was cid tht killed it yet i rarely use cid and only reason he is lvl 99, as well as vincent, tifa and cait sith is becauce any exp tht a lvl 99 person gets goes to ppl tht arent fighting or somet like tht. and at tht point he was 95 or somet like tht. he did have kotr and mp turbo and kotr w-summon, with mp hp switch and final attack full life, he had afew of the final attacks and 3 kotrs. all i did was just let him die, resurrect and use full life, and id just do tht till he used ruby flame, i had fire absorb so tht healed me and i used kotr, bout 2x summon aswell. tht was the easy way to doit but o well it worked and seein as tht was the way i had 2 do it on me game (cus a friend sed i cudnt) bnut i proved him worng but i forgot 2 save the game 2 2 files before i did this and seein as i only had one game at tht point i didnt make a new one and kill it the way i wanted to, with cloud instead. mite do tht over the next month, make the new game.shud have a lvl 99 cloud in 2-3 months and the materia i need about a month later, gona take me a while with the school work i have 2 do tho =[ ill probs use enemy skill materia when i go kill ruby agen seein as it is amazin

13. Tom

Tom Guest

o yeh jerr i seem 2 recall u liked diablo2 aswell, i love tht game and have recently restarted, got a lvl 51 or 52 wolf druid atm but thts it for decant caras.

o and neverover soz bout hi-jackin the thread but least its still on the topic, well was until this post =p

14. nanoman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  15. Jerr

If I wanted to get back into it... I got a friend who is willing to hook me up and grush but I'm not sure. I usually have him hook me up with hammerdon gear cuz I <3'd grushing friends. I might get back into it... maybe. USEast only though.

16. Jerr

That's the Final Fantasy Tribute. (Well the song is.)

Joseph Blanchette aka Legendary Frog made it. He is amazing.

Also, watch the pre-loader. It is extremely funny.

#16 Jerr, Sep 22, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  17. neverover

zodiac spear in an hour??? ur damn lucky! btw, i just read my old magazine in the warehouse, saying ff10 & ff7 is connected. yu yevon is takin over by jenova, controlling sin. sin is destroyed, and found the better energy, lifestream, pyreflies. realize that sphere is same as materia? similiar maps? ancient as summoner?

18. Chaos

I love Final Fantasy IV and VI. Those two are the best games in the series. IV is just fun and has a good vibe to it while VI is the best to replay. I like the summons in IV and the bosses. The characters are cool too. Love Rydia and the Twins Palom and Porom.

In VI I like Celes and Strago. Terra and Locke are fun too. Blue Magic is pretty good to use... I know there are much stronger spells, but I like watching the spells. They're cool.

I like almost all of the games (V, VII, VIII, IX, X and X-2), but VI and IV stand out in my opinion because I played them on SNES when I was younger and they bring back memories.

19. crimsonarcher

other than balthier, i think Vincent is kinda interesting....usually in final fantasy, i mainly pay attention to the females.....don't know why.

20. Tom

Tom Guest

neverover i never noticed tht before but now i think about it it could be kinda true and jerr i never play d2 online, well i haven't so far mite make an online acc tho