1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Issue

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by silverhalo, Sep 13, 2010.

1. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey

I dont know if anyone can help me but I have seen a few threads on computer problems and there seem to be quite a lot of all knowing computer people on here so I thought it was worth a try.
    Its not a major problem but it is a little annoying. My laptop runs on windows vista and its running fine, however the little speaker on the notification area of the taskbar has disappeared, I have no idea why, im guessing perhaps I clicked something I shouldnt have and now its not there. I found the little tick box where you can select or deselect the clock and sound and so on but the box for volume was greyed out so I couldnt click it.

I have no idea how to fix it.

All help gratefully appreciated.

2. Corny

Corny Guest

at the very left of the system tray (where that icon used to be) is a little up arrow/triangle. click on it, then choose customize (or so), there you can configure the speaker symbol to show.

at least it's like that in win7 .. i skipped vista. in win XP you had to go to your control panel, sounds .. and tick some box there for it to appear.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I found the bit with the boxes but I cant select them its like they arent available.

4. I have a Vista and I have the same problem occasionally, although it isn't too often. I recommend just shutting down your computer then turning it back on, that always does it for me. :slight_smile: