1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

horror games

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by neverover, Sep 26, 2007.

1. neverover

what video games that scared the hell out of u? me? fatal frame. nuff said, nothing is scarier than this. i played them from 1-3, but 1 is the scariest. chased by the ritual lady in the attic (when u gotta run to the garden, which is far nuff). its ghost factor surpass RE...

2. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    FEAR for me.It scares the crap out of me. There is this one little girl, she is so creepy!!!! I can't play that game for to long or else I will just freak out lol. It is super scary. Plus it is a solid shooter too ^_^

3. crimsonarcher

Eternal Darkness-Sanity's Requiem.

HECKA scary...

4. SpikySpice

Dooms and Alien Shooter, blood is everywhere and the music is so cool

5. Jerr

Resident Evil!!!!!!

Nemesis scared the SHIT out of me!!! Plus the whole like... meh... nothingness... walk through door AAAAHHHHH!!!! ....I had nightmares for years...

6. pirateninja

I don't know if this counts, but has anyone seen the House of Evil I, II and III arcade games? I know this is wussy but that scared the crap out of me.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Oh what game was it.......i HATED IT.....gah cant remember now....

I know gears of war...one level on it really scares me...ill post if i remember the scary game

8. oneguy15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one else finds Silent Hill to be scary? Honestly, I find it to be scarier than than RE, because it's purely psychological horror rather than jump-scares. I agree that Fatal Frame II is probably the scariest of games, and Sanity's Requiem is "a trip" to quote a friend of mine, but Silent Hill is my favorite horror title because of it's story and characters. I'm looking forward to Silent Hill Origins on PSP this November, and Silent Hill V next year. Also, has anyone played Rule of Rose? The game is beautiful, and if storylines are your thing, I highly suggest that you check it out.

9. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What!? Have you seen a copy of Rule of Rose!? I've been looking for one forever...

10. Alex89

For me, FEAR wasn't all that scary...kind of like the Doom 3 style of horror - just stuff jumping out at you.

EVERYONE HERE BUY CONDEMNED. It's on PC and Xbox 360. Scariest game ever. It's first-person, but not a shooter. Uses melee weapons ripped out of the wall or found a lot more.

It doesn't rely on the jumping-out tactics to scare you. You can see the silhouette on running up ahead, and see it take a pipe out of the wall and hide behind a pillar. You can hear him (usuall drug junkies) breathing heavily, and you know he's gonna take your face out if you go past. D=

It's the only game to ever give me chills down my back. Unfortunately, the game has been criminally overlooked and therefore hasn't sold much.

Made by the same development studio as FEAR, using the same engine.

11. Jerr

RE are the scariest games for me mainly because I'll think to much on it and the possibilities of it happening... *shivers* still scares me.

like what if a CAT got infected? You can't avoid a cat!!!! AAHHH ....I'm so not sleeping tonight.

12. oneguy15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry, I should've mentioned that I rented mine. -.-;; If you look on ebay, i'm sure you'll find one. Just make sure its the english version!

It's going in my GameQ right now! :grin: I've read some good reviews of it, so i'm looking forward to playing it. lol I'm such a horror junkie...

13. Alex89

You'll love it, oneguy. =) Has a great (unpredictable) story too.