1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10th Anniversary of Final Fantasy VII

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jerr, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Jerr

You heard me! (Not today... but it is this year.)

I just found out and so yeah... I know I'm a bit slow but whatever! In Japan there is a prequel for Final Fantasy VII. It goes more into the story of Zack (Is it with a K or H?... whatever!)

I strongly believe this is one of the best games ever made. It is my personal favorite... and if you hadn't gotten that before now... I'm glad you have finally seen the light. (Sooooo almost said something negative.)

So anyone else Giddy to know that this game has a prequel? What are your thoughts on this game? (Note... I will probably put you on my kill list if you come in here full on negative... and now some.... choice 3 letter word of a person will do so just because I said this....)

I've actually been tearing my room apart trying to find my disc 1. I'll probably have to buy a new one which will set me back a decent amount but it is worth it...

I personally want to see Final Fantasy VII remade for the Playstation 3. I mean that wonderful story and game come to life with next gen graphics? Um... heck yes? The only fear I'd have with that is that they would change the game. Now I understand that Emerald and Ruby Weapon were both added in for the American version and I wouldn't mind if they added something like that. (Although I would question were...) I Just don't want them to tweak the story any.

Although I know my dream is most likely a lost cause, I still have hope.

p.s. Found this and thought it was interesting.

Oh and about my remaking dreams.... I'll be having them for a long time...

I agree with the writer of this segment... (even if I am one of the hopeless fans... lol)

#1 Jerr, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  2. Jerr

God I've edited the above like 3 times and I'm adding more... I really should have looked up more before I did this. lol

Well... I was looking for a new FFVII game for me and I found something funny.

The PC version is only $22.90 on Google.

For the PS version there are quite a few on Amazon. There is even someone who has a NEW FFVII still in the package... now this one will set you back quite a few pretty pennies. $249.99 for the brand new one. OR you can buy a used copy for around $58.

Me... I'm PROBABLY going to buy the PC version and the PS version... I have the PC guide. (I suggest you invest in it because it is wonderful. I prefer it way over the PS guide...) I've always been interested in what the PC version would be like... lol

So basically what you know about me is... I like fedoras... I'm homogay... and if I find a guy who liked FFVII my life would be complete. lol j/k

3. ElfenLiedPictureShow

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So they really are remaking it with better graphics? sweet, I love final fantasy IX and have always wanted to play ffVII. I still contest that LOZ: Ocaria of time or Majora's mask is the b est but I still love the FF series.

4. Friend

Friend Guest

I adored FFVII (not so much X or X-2, but most definately FFXII).

Funny thing is, those are the only ones I've played. I'm too poor to get FFXI, even though my friends have it.

I've actually been replaying FFVII, because when I was younger, I was too little to really successfully play a game. I am currently nearing the end of the first disc.

Happy 10th anniversary, Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Aerid, Cait Sith, Yuffie, Vincent, Cid and of course, RED XIII!

My FFVII Disc I is really scratched, but Disc II and III are virtually untouched.

It's too bad my Sims 2 doesn't work on Vista...

5. Dantir

I highly doubt Square Enix will release FFVII on PS3... and if they were going to, they'll have to change it quite a bit somewhat. Re-making a game with just "improved graphics" probably seems pointless to them, and I can see why. It'll just to keep the fans happy, and the fans will probably be the only ones that buy it. I can't see many newcomers buying it, and I'm sure SE are focussing on other games that could bring in the money, rather than a remake of a legend. Also, it would have to compete with other money makers for other consoles - imagine if they released it now while everyone is buying Halo 3? This very thing is happening quite often, and I can't see why FFVII will be like one of these. FFXIII FTW I say. :slight_smile: (Does anyone agree with me and FFXII was utter crap...?)

While I'd like to see it be re-made, I'm perfectly happy playing the original. Those chunky hands and no faces sort of did something for me. Making them look like people it would be... argh, ABSURD! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. JSG

JSG Guest

I agree, FFVII on PS3 would be heaven !!!
    I remember, I lost my first girlfriend because of FFVII :icon_redf

At first I just wanted to help a friend who lent me the game to beat this guy... to late, I was hooked.

They kinda did it with MGS Twin Snake but it didn't really turn out that well.
    I'm still confident that we will see a Next-Gen FFVII in a few years.

7. Jerr

They won't give a definite answer either way. lol

Making a Next-Gen FFVII would bring in enough money to justify it (as long as they don't change the story that made us fall in love with it.) FFVII is actually what first made the Final Fantasy Series something to really look at. Before it was just another series that some had learned to appriciate but really... there wasn't much talk about it. But this cross-over made people look. (Cross-over from Nintendo to Playstation.) And when they looked they stared, hard.

8. Tom

Tom Guest

lol sony shud be paying square enix to remake ffVII! it wud definetly bboost ps3 sales cus those die hard fans of ffVII (me included) wud raid there savings and buy 1 just for tht game. and woo 10 years old! so its been 9 years playing ffVII alot then, seems to be only yesterday i first played on it and got totally hooked

9. Jerr

My friend played it and I watched him the entire time. I decided I wanted it... the game was like 20 dollars when I bought it. lol Wish it was still only that much. I loved the story. He would read it to me as we played. (I was really young! like 7-8 and he was 10-11) Needless to say I read slower then him. lol

I actually helped him beat the game! I saved over his original save... by accident... turned out to be the greatest thing for him because he was at the temple of the ancients and he was like lvl 20 and really weak.

10. neverover

luvin it! but i dont think there will be a remade version of ff7 (with better graphic,etc). the most definitly they'd do is package it as ps3 game, without any upgrade. remember ff6 & ff4? years since the rumours of those in 3d, but they only made to ff anthology, without any improvement. square looks a bit less 'aggresive', tho since it merged to squareenix (i remember bout ff12 which is said to released in jan2004)..but still, hope for the best

11. Chaos

I really suped up Tifa and made her an absolute power house... Now she couldn't rival Cloud in power at all, but she was still pretty awesome.

I never did accomplish any of the side quests like the chocobo breeding thing (could never figure it out) or the hidden bosses. I did try to fight them, but they always owned me. I have the game kicking around somewhere and I am hoping to begin a new game sometime soon. I really like the game.

12. xequar

Ah, Final Fantasy VII, the last of the good Final Fantasy games. Square royally F--'d up VIII, and I never looked back after that.

Do we need a re-release? Nah, probably not. All they could really do is make the character sprites not look like cube monsters, but eh, whatever.

Do we need a re-release on PS3? GOD, NO! And for that matter, I don't really think anything should be released on PS3. Ever. And I'm hoping that system finally puts the stake in the heart of the videogame industry vampire that is Sony.

13. Jerr

Sony has some fun/good games!

The Final Fantasy series did just start to die away once VII hit. VIII had a weirded out gameplay... I still played but.... Disapointment... the card game was a bonus! Downside though... the same/plus rules... they had NO like rules... like it was basically if you had same/plus that means you weren't going to win. No matter how awesome you worked... you could have every card flipped and computer sets down a horrid card.... and all of a sudden they are all his? wtf?

I'll play and love FFVII until the end of time but I wouldn't mind it getting better graphics... mainly I want to see what the ps3 is capable of if given an amazing game. A package deal would be nice though... a FFVII package of all those luverly things.

I have FFIV and Chrono Trigger for the PS... horrible move. The playstation required LOADING TIME... maybe not a loading screen but before everybattle there would be a slight lag... there wasn't one on the snes (I know I have it)

I'd be fine if they came out with package deals on snes games for the ps3. Just so we can get those awesome games without having to pray our snes won't die. (mine was heavily used so... it is possible for self distruction.)

Gotta actually pay attention I'll continue when I get home.