1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lufia: The Sinistrals Be Back~ XD

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tim, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Tim

Tim

So, I was wondering, has anyone here ever played the Lufia series?

The MAIN series consisted of Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (SNES), and Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (SNES - Prequel). Then a few offshoots were created, including Lufia: The Legend Returns (For the GBC, converted from a failed Playstation game, I've never played it due to not being able to stand the graphics anymore). XD

And for those who haven't played it, I know a lot of people despise Prequels: We actually see the END of the pre-quel at the BEGINNING of the first game. So it's just expanding on a backstory for the legendary character Maxim and his trusted party of friends. You know what's going on at the end if you've already played the first one.

Then Lufia: Ruins of Lore for the GBA was released a few years ago. This is a completely new story, as opposed to the last 3 using the storyline of Maxim + The Sinistrals or his decendants battling said Sinistrals.

But the reason I made this topic: The new DS game. Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals. It's actually a re-imagining of the Prequel, Lufia II, and reinvented what all the characters look like (due to the fact other than concept art, there were no looks for the characters other than their tiny sprites). I'm going to play it soon, as it just came out in the US on the 12th.

Just curious if anyone else has played this amazing game series, and still regard it as one of their favorites like I do? It's #2, behind the Valkyrie Profile series for me. :3

#1 Tim, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. Tim

Tim

Artwork Time to Show the "Revamped" looks... I noticed they seemed to HATE Blue Hair... Erim, Tia, Dekar, and Artea all lost their blue hair. :confused: Yet one of the Sinistrals GAINED Blue Hair :confused:

The Sinistrals Picture may be a bit... mature. It's a game designed for kids though, but I could see someone having an issue with certain parts of Erim. (Mod Wise), if this is the case, feel free to remove the picture. But as the game is targetted at 10-12 year olds, I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed here, as this is the official artwork that Natsume released.

The Sinistrals: (The Dual Blade is the Sword in the Middle) Gades is on the bottom, Erim is the female. Not sure which one is Amon and which one is Dhaos out of the remaining two yet. Haven't played through it yet. I would ASSUME Amon is the Blue-Haired One.
    [​IMG]

Original and New Looks...
    [​IMG]

Group Shot: (From Left to Right: Selan/Serena, Artea, Maxim, Top: Guy, Bottom: Dekar, Tia)
    [​IMG]

I'm honestly surprised they gave Dekar Pink Hair. Completely Shocked. The only characters who retain even an ounce of their original look are Guy and Maxim.

Dekar is so <3 <3 <3 now though... XD Too bad he "sacrifices" himself to save the others, even if he ends up surviving, XD. ._.;

#2 Tim, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010