1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Bario, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Bario

Bario Guest

I have been thinking lately about saving up my pennies for a Play Station 3. I dont really like the console, but there are a number of games that I simply cannot go without. I would only be buying the console for a few games; ICO remake, The Last Guardian, maybe Katamari etc. I guess there may be some good games in the future, but the majority of the games on the PS3 are utter donkey crap. So I dont know whether it is worth it, I cant live without these games, but buying a console for a few games seems like a bit of a waste.
    What do you guys think? Should I go for it, or would it be a waste of money?

2. Shevanel

3. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

In my opinion, if you have an HD tv, it is worth it just for the blu-ray capability. That being said, I am not someone who will advocate spending a few hundred dollars just for something that you only kind of want. Weigh your options and consider if there is anything else you could do with the money that would make you happier.

4. Shevanel

Also. Two words.

DEMON'S SOULS.

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2010 at 09:47 PM ----------

And Blu Ray capability FTW

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say get it. Tho I'm totally not happy with you insulting the games of ps3. God of war 3, assassin's creed, infamous, prototype and so many more are all amazing. Just saying.

6. Bario

Bario Guest

I'll give you that Assassins Creed is good, but the rest of the stuff on PS is pretty rubbish. Don't worry, this opinion isnt limited to PS3, I hate most of the XBOX 360 games library, and even my precious little Wii has its fair share of crap.

7. Nomad187

Alot of PS3 games are great. but not all of them are exclusive to it. like Assassin's Creed for example. I have a bunch of great RPG's for it

8. Geradeth

I'm probably the most biased person you could ask, but may I direct your attention to:
    Disgaea
    Folklore
    God of War
    Gran Turismo
    Heavenly Sword
    inFAMOUS
    Katamari Forever
    LittleBigPlanet
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Motor Storm
    Ratchet and Clank
    Resistance
    3D Dot Game Heroes
    Uncharted
    Valkyria Chronicls
    wipEout HD
    And more, all PS3 exclusive, and those are just the ones in my personal collection.....
    Just saying....

#8 Geradeth, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  9. Bario

Bario Guest

You have pointed out a few good ones that I will definitely need now, but I still stand by my opinion that the ps3 doesnt have a fantastic library. Games like god of war, and infamous and stuff like that arent my type of game. I prefer a good piece of colourful, japanese, rainbow turd, like katamari.
    Anyway, I have decided on getting one, but now Im not sure whether to get a 3ds, or a ps3 first.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suggest PS3. The 3DS won't be coming for a while and not many games are going to be out for it just yet.

11. Bario

Bario Guest

I am a blind nintendo fanboy, so I will buy it even if there arent any good games out for it right away. I will probably put off getting a ps3 'till the ICO remake comes out anyway.

12. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good exclusives come out to both Xbox360 and PS3.

My advice is to get a PS3 if you think that you'd like to play online but otherwise get an Xbox360 because it is cheaper if you're an offline gamer.

13. starfish

I don't care much for games. I bought my PS3 years ago because it was $500 and a BluRay player was $800.

I've only played a game on it 3 time. I use mine to watch BluRay and DVD movies. The new discless Netflix is really awesome. It is easy to search for stuff to watch and the online viewing works much better than Netflix on my TiVo. I also use it to watch recording from my MythTV setup. One thing I wish is that it would do trancoding on the PS3 itself. It has more that enough CPU power, Sony just never added support.

Another bonus is that the most future proof BluRay player. Alot of the older players are stuck because they don't have the hardware for BlueRay 2.0 profiles. Plus they recently added 3D support.

Aren't the Xbox 360 and PS3 starting to get long the tooth. Mine will be 4 years old in month. I wonder when the PS4 is coming out.

#13 starfish, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  14. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PS3 is not for everyone, if you are worried about it having a crappy library of games then don't buy one. I've been a happy owner of a PS3 for three years now I've owned a 360 and I stopped using it and gave it to my brother because there is no way I'm going to pay $60 dollars a year for Live. I went to PS3 and played free online play and the only stuff I had to pay for were the games which was a better deal. Though you could argue that Live gives you better servers and party chat but it was so much easier to just use Skype on my computer while playing a different game while my friend plays Dead Rising 2.

I also have a Wii and I play it from time to time but the thing that the Wii lacked was a good online capabilities that the PS3 and 360 had. I also bought an HDTV last Christmas and I am happy to see how well detailed the games are on the 360 and PS3 including the Blu-Ray movies.

Its a real difficult decision especially if you already own a 360 and a Wii. It probably would be better if you didn't buy a PS3 but not even all the greatest exclusives would help a gamer buy a PS3 system.

Also I didn't buy the PS3 because of the exclusive games I bought it because I had more friends who had a PS3 and now I'm playing online with all my friends on there.

15. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Actually, the PSN servers aren't bad. They have about the same issues on CoD: MW2 as 360 does haha.

16. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's why I'm glad PSN is still free cause I have never had any negative experiences with the servers. Only my shitty Internet connection.

17. ArcaneVerse

Yes its cheaper but Xbox has always had a better online experience with more people playing online, PS3 has improved a lot yes but i believe it is still far off.

18. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Not from what I've seen =P All the games I've play online for PS3 have been either at par or better. It depends mainly on the actual game company itself. PSN is only a gateway for most games.

19. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why do Xbox fanboys always insist that Xbox is better online? How is it? It isnt.

20. Fargo

Fargo Guest

It's cause they've never played a PS3 online. They just assume that anything not microsoft is shit. :***: