1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rock band 3 compatibility

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Oct 26, 2010.

1. x2x2x2x2y2

So I just bought RB3 but I don't want to open it because I'm afraid that my Guitar Hero instruments won't work with it. I know in the past they've worked with my RB: The Beatles game. Also, it's for the wii.

2. Shevanel

They should.

3. x2x2x2x2y2

Thanks. :slight_smile: I ended up just opening it anyways and found out that it works with them. Then after I discovered that it actually says it works with GH instruments on the bottom of the box. lol

4. Shevanel

Yeah, Harmonix wouldn't be able to get away with forcing their customers to use THEIR controllers solely. They're kinda crap IMO, at least the Rock Band 1 and 2 guitars. The Strum thing murders my thumb. The Guitar Hero 3 controller has been my favorite so far.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

I agree, I hate the RB strum bar. I can't use the RB guitars or else I'll do really badly. And yeah, I have the GH3 and GH4 guitars but the GH3 one is my fav so far.

6. Shevanel

I really want to buy this fucking game. But it'd be unwise considering all my instruments (that being 2 guitar hero controllers, 1 rock band guitar, and 1 wireless rock band drum set) are all at my dad's house. I only have a mic here.

So It'd be silly v_v

7. kettlkorn

NUH UH! Belt out that singing voice, karaoke style! FREE BIRD!

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Having used the GH2, GH3, GH:WT, RB1, and RB2 guitar controllers extensively, I can say without a doubt that the RB2 guitar is my favorite. The GH2/3 guitars were nice when I used them, but after using the RB1 guitar, I realized that the game was just more fun with that one. The RB1 guitar felt more like an actual guitar, while the GH3 guitar felt more like a video-game controller because it was smaller and stubbier, and that ruined the immersion for me. See, I don't play this game for high scores; I play it to enjoy myself, and I enjoyed playing with the RB1 guitar more because the feel of the GH3 guitar just constantly reminded me that I was just playing a game. That said, my biggest beef with the RB1 guitar was that it had no click on its strum bar or any indication of when you had strummed, but they added that to the RB2 guitar, and now it is, in my mind, perfect. I have tried the GH:WT (i.e. GH4) guitar, and it's just too bulky for me. Plus, the strum bar still takes more effort to strum than the strum bar on the RB2 guitar, and it's louder, so no thanks.

But to each his own; we have all these different guitars because not everyone likes the same thing in a guitar.

The vocals got a huge difficulty boost in RB3 (as far as I can tell), so you'll definitely have fun, even if you can only sing.

9. Shevanel

Fine >_> Now I have to buy it now to get the 3 free Doors songs. xD

10. Miss Modular

That's why I bought it. And also for "Roundabout."

11. Shevanel

I bought it for Plush and Freebird. xD Plus they just released a bunch of STP songs too, which I already have downloaded. xD

And the fact that I'm a complete fiend for this game. xD

#11 Shevanel, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  12. x2x2x2x2y2

^I bought it 'cause....well I don't really know why...But's it's good!!! lol

Oh, and I also got DJ Hero 2. IMHO, DJ Hero 2 blows RB3 out of the water. Atleast that's my opinion until I get tired of both games. haha