1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Smile, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Smile

I was quite surprised that I couldn't find any Nintendo threads anywhere in EC that had been posted in since like April (that's as far back as I searched in the forum overall)

Anyways I stumbled across this thread on another site and I was absolutely astounded at how many awesome games the Wii actually has! I wanted to come over a share this with EC and my thoughts on it but I can't seem to find a thread! So I made my own :slight_smile:

Here is the link in plain sight for all to see: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396775

I got so bored I managed to go through all the games and note which ones interest me, I have not included the games I already own:

-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    I have always been a big fan of Zelda, I watched a friend play this and it looks very fun, very Ocarina of Time looking.

-Okami:
    I have heard great things about this game and the style of it looks very awesome. I really want to play this game.

-Monster Hunter Tri:
    I am a big fan of fighting massive monsters way bigger than me and I just love monsters in general. Looks promising.

-Murasama: The Demon Blade:
    This game looks very fun, a 2D Japanese fighter. Looks fun and I love the design of it.

-Super Mario Galaxy/ Super Mario Galaxy 2:
    I am a very big fan of Super Mario 64 and this seems like a similar-ish deal only in a different setting with a few different gameplay mechanics.

-New Super Mario Bros. Wii:
    I said I was hearing good things about Okami but in comparison to the praise I have heard about this game, Okami's amount of praise seems like the amount of praise I get for my singing! This game looks extremely fun and it's like an updated version of the original on SNES, a game which took up at least 60% of my childhood gaming life.

-Rune Factory Frontier:
    Seems like a good, solid and interesting Wii RPG. Then again, I am highly biased towards RPGs.

-Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn:
    I love Fire Emblem (or Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken in Japan) on my GBA and I still play it today after years of owning it so I don't see any reason why not to buy another Fire Emblem game.

-Swords and Soldiers:
    I quite like the whole 'Castle Crasher' gameplay and the design of this seems really interesting and different. Although this may be because all my friends are either Halo/Cod types or don't play video games at all, apart from one or two closeted RPG lovers.

-Sakura Wars: So Long My Love:
    The advancement system in this looks very unique and highly interesting, I can imagine for some funny dialouge trees, especially after seeing some screenshots.

-Final Fantasy: My Life As King:
    Final Fantasy, "similar to the Dark Cloud games", I am sold already! This looks really good but my intense and obsessive bias for the Final Fantasy series probably blinds me a bit.

That is my list, and I actually cut a few that didn't really interest me!

Anyways, I would like people to discuss their experiences, opinions, favorite games about Nintendo Wiis here!

Note: If there is a thread that has somehow slipped through my searching, please direct me to it and I will happily apologise and move my list over to said thread :slight_smile:

2. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great idea for a thread, i'm a big nintendo fan.

There's quite a few on that list that i haven't played though, so i'll have to check them out. I have played Zelda and both Mario Galaxy games and they are absolutely amazing!!!

Not on the list, i also love Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Both great multiplayer games, good to play with a few mates.

My favourite type of games are RPGs (Final Fantasy :love:slight_smile: but there aren't as many on the wii, so any recommendations would be appreciated. :grin:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lost about 50 lbs with the WiiFit, so I'm somewhat of a fan. :slight_smile: I do like WiiSportsResort, too. Occasionally, I'll go old school and play Zelda or Bubble Bobble on Wii...

Lex

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gotta love Smash Bros. Go pokemon trainer!!!!!!

5. x2x2x2x2y2

Huge Mario fan here. Love the games.

6. Tim

Tim

I've played Mario Kart Wii, and found it very entertaining. I'd actually sit for hours playing random matches online without knowing how long had passed. o_o Then my oldest sister took it back, because "You (me) have the laptop, so you don't need our game." Then the next day they asked to borrow one of our games. >_>

Also played Spectrobes: Origins and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Both were very solid games. Spectrobes was surprisingly fun, though after the first couple planets, it gets very repetitive.

We currently own Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. I can't really get into it. ._. We also own Animal Crossing: City Folk. Starting to get into it. XD

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>We also own Animal Crossing: City Folk. Starting to get into it.

I was rather hooked on this game for awhile. I used to joke with my partner (who plays Warcraft) "At least the stuff you're doing would be really cool in real life. Even if I was REALLY catching butterflies, it wouldn't exactly be a thrill a minute." :slight_smile:

Lex

8. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I might be getting a Wii and Wii Fit Plus for Christmas. :slight_smile:

9. Smile

10. Keagan18

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i do not find the wii entertaining.... i love nintendo and everything but it seems like they are trying to over do it...

11. Trailblazer

i don't own one at the moment, but since i'm still on dialup for the time being, i probably will, since a ps3 and a 360 are no fun without online. haha

also really looking forward to Zelda: Skyward Sword!

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Skyward Sword kinda looks iffy to me much as I hate to say, being a huge Zelda fan. Love Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Twilight Princess is by far one of my fave games on the Wii. It's not Ocarina, but it's up there. Brawl is awesome too. I don't think there's anything aside from those games that I play on the Wii though....lol.

13. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have Animal Crossing for GameCube, DS, and Wii. I fluctuate between periods of playing them devotedly and periods of avoiding them because of gotten so into them that they become a chore.

14. x2x2x2x2y2

Has anyone played Tatsunoku vs Capcom?? I rented it and am waiting for it to come in the mail. It's supposed to be a really great fighting game.

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I played Animal Crossing for the first time in forever last week. Damn, my village's gone downhill. :slight_smile:

Been playing more Sports Resort as of late. Almost all swordfighting, basketball, and table tennis. Odd combo.

Lex

16. fallendream

Animal crossing? If animated .gifs work here then give this a butchers :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

17. Dykezz

I'm a HUGE mario fan! I love the mario games!
    Haven't played in a while though.

18. Taurusguy92

It's VERY FUN!!!! It's simpler than a lot of the vs. games, but it's still really fun!!!

19. x2x2x2x2y2

That almost made me cry. My eyes are seriously watery right now. :frowning2:

Gah, now I'm even more excited!!! I want monday to hurry up and come already!!

20. Sparty313

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My roomate is getting a wii for x-mas and me and another roomate of mine are gonna buy the MJ game!! We r too excited for it!! lol