1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gaetan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Gaetan

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzMnCv_lPxI[/youtube]

I'm actually mildly surprised at myself for not making this thread sooner. I've been playing the game for quite some time with several real life friends. With the variety of heroes to play and the sheer customize-ability of how to buy your items makes most every game different from the last.

Possibly best of all--it's 100% free to play. You only spend money on it if you want a hero unlocked faster or you want to change their look.

So, I'd guess it's fairly unlikely that I'm the ONLY person on here who's at least given the game a shot...

If you haven't played it, you can signup and download it here.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never heard of this game, but it looks awsome as hell!!!!!

---------- Post added 16th Dec 2010 at 12:43 PM ----------

And those angels are hot

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, one of my friends has been insisting I should try it for ages now.
    I stubbornly resisted (more for lack of free time to spend than anything), but recently I just caved in and installed it.

The trailer doesn't really give too much of an indication what it's about though. It's basically tower defense, with both sides having a base and sending swarms computer-controlled minions to each other, with the players jumping in and using their powers to tip the battle (and kill each other in fancy ways :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

So far, it has been a lot of fun! In the couple of games I've played, I've seen all corners of the map (beaten by bots, no less :icon_redf), and I'm glad my friend was there to save my incompetent ass (yeah, it pays having a level 30 friend when you're a measly level 2 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), but I'm sure I'll get better with some practice! I just need to get some better mastery of the different characters' abilities and how they interact.

4. Gaetan

Yeah, the trick really is to know the dangerous parts of every single character. Not too difficult, considering the number of them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Is the gameplay same as dota?

6. Gaetan

It's made by the original team of DotA, only as a stand alone game. So yes, basically the same idea.

(I never played Defense of the Ancients, though.)

7. Spectre

My boyfriend and I have been playing this game for some time now. It's pretty awesome... when we get some competant teammates!! :lol:

PS: We play ninjas! [​IMG]

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

0_o I been playing dota that long I didn't even know dota stood for something lol..

9. Gaetan

Yay for the ninjas! I make a pretty mean Kennen--YES THEY MAKE SHURIKEN THIS SMALL!

10. RaRa

So since ive been playing dota for years I had to try this, and it was pretty fun. Ive only played the tutorial games but havent gone online so far. Maybe sometime today....oh those poor people who are gonna end up on my team. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Seags

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Long time ago, dota was directed by those guys. Then they left and someone else took took their place (Icefrog). Now they are making their own game.

The first games on LoL are much easier for newbies than on DotA. Because all the beginners play together.

12. Geradeth

Sorry to disappoint, but Kennen's mine!!! >=3
    Big targets are the best, there's more to aim at!!!
    If you can play Shen though we'd make an unstoppable ninja trio!! :thumbsup:

13. Gaetan

I do actaully play Shen, because tank was the only character type I hadn't played yet. Need to give Amumu a try as well sometime...

But, usually, I'm Ezreal, Kennen, or Morgana.

14. RaRa

Ok I've played online now and I'm addicted! So screw this thread! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My 2 favorites right now are the icy arrow vixen and that one purple skinned skinny undeadish chick. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Did any of you hardcore players get that? :grin:

15. Gaetan

Ashe and Morgana. XD

16. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After this week, I've taken quite the liking to Malzahar (yeah, void cultists with weird names do it for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) With a bit of practice I just slice through minions like a knife through butter.

Too bad he's also one of the most expensive ones to acquire. I'll have to slaughter quite a bit to get enough points...

Now I just have to unlearn that: "just one more hit" reflex that gets me killed everytime...

17. RaRa

^I unlocked my favorite so far, Ashe. But she doesnt cost much. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I also unlocked my new favorite hero, fiddlesticks. That crow storm thingy is so bad ass, and hilariously funny for some weird reason....

18. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    so i guess ill try this game as well xD

19. Gaetan

A friend of mine plays Fiddlesticks to a terrifying ability. (*rimshot*) Seriously, we wonder why they buffed Fiddlesticks recently because of him...he really didn't need buffing.

With the blue buff, Fiddlesticks can drain basically indefinitely. The cooldown is up before the drain is done.

And yeah, Crowstorm is a lot of fun. You're sitting there, minding your own buisness when CAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAW!

20. Seags

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Fiddlesticks was a hero based on very short teamfights mainly, because once your ulti was over you couldnt do much (and he is not the best in gangs early, drain is easy to cancel). With all the heals, the shields, and the counter-engages we had during past months (gragas, morgana, janna etc...) fights were very long, and fiddle had a very hard time. So they are trying to improve his cooldowns, which isnt a bad idea i guess. :slight_smile: