1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A confusing question.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kizza111, Dec 25, 2010.

1. kizza111

This post arises from the fact that i am very lazy :slight_smile:

I have an xbox 360, and for christmas i got kinect (motion control system), but due to the room required, i had to move it downstairs to play. Now, i used this xbox as my dvd player in my room as the one built into my tv is broke, and with it downstairs i can't watch DVD's in my room anymore, so the options i see are :

1) Buy a second lot of AV and Power cables so that i only have to move the xbox, not all the cables as well, up and downstairs.

2) Buy a second xbox.

3) Fix the DVD player in my tv

4) Buy a new tv.

5) Take the DVD player from my mums room (she doesn't mind, she never uses it.)

6) Any ideas you can think of?

Sorry i know this is a really stupid thread :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I just really do not like the idea of moving all the cables up/downstairs every day.

2. Eleanor Rigby

According to my husband the best idea would be to buy a new DVD player as it is much cheaper than buying a new xbox or TV combo, and safer than moving things from one place to the other.
    Now, maybe you can borrow your mother's one for the time being...

3. fallendream

5 sounds good temporarily, but I'd second buying a new one. You can get them 'round here for 10-30£, so definitely cheaper than a new xbox :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Get your self a new DVD player. They are almost giving them away now! lol.

5. starfish

Yeah DVD players are cheap, you can get them for user $50 now. If you have a little extra cash I would say spring for a BluRay player. You can get them for about $120 now and then you'll be ready if you ever get an HD TV.

6. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

There are 20$ DVD players @ WallyworldxD

7. SlickyPants

I vote for the twenty dollar DVD player option because it is cheaper than all other options including a new AV cable and power cable for the Xbox. I don't even think Microsoft sells power cables in retail stores. If I recall correctly, different 360 models require different power cables so even if you bought a used one you would have to make sure you had the right one.