1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

persona 4; has anyone here played this game?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by the ry guy, Jan 1, 2011.

1. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was on a site i frequent and they talked about this game persona 4 where one of the characters is openly gay and one is transgender and i thought to myself. this game came out in america and i've never heard of it before

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2520-Sexual-Diversity

theres the link i don't know how to do the whole video in the thread deally thing so just watch the link; but has anyone here played this game? if so would u say its worth buying?

2. kem

kem

There is neither an openly gay character nor a transgender character.
    Kanji (the "gay" guy), I think, really is gay, but he never comes out in the game. He never says he is, either, however I think his sowing skills and the fact that he played with dolls as a child point towards homosexuality.
    This side of him isn't explored before Naoto shows up. She isn't really transgender, she only dresses up as a boy because she wants to be a detective (she thought she looked more like one as a boy) and she was afraid of being looked down upon if she were to show her true gender... Anyway, Kanji sees her and becomes infatuated however rejects these feelings because she "is a boy". He reflects upon this the rest of the game, but no definite answer is given so his sexual orientation is left to the player's preference.

#2 kem, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011