1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 8bit, Jan 3, 2011.

1. 8bit

http://www.amnesiagame.com/#main
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHPwAvrc_U[/YOUTUBE]

Please tell me I'm not the only one that played this game.
    To be honest, it's one of the scariest games I've ever played.
    The game is available for Windows, OSX, and Linux.

2. Shevanel

I would love to play it, but I don't have the graphics capabilities :frowning2:

3. Ridiculous

It was only a few bucks on Steam for their holiday sales, but I didn't get it because I'm such a wuss for any kind of horror game. I just about peed myself everytime there was a zombie in Oblivion, and that wasn't even supposed to be scary.

4. Totoro

I bought this off the steam holiday sales for 4.80, since i own one of the penumbra games :slight_smile:
    Unfortunately the game only works with ATI and Nvidia gfx cards :frowning2: My graphics card is not supported. So I do own it, but I can't play it :\ How lame! I was really looking forward to playing this game :frowning2:

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got it on the Steam sale, but I haven't gotten around to playing it (Plants vs. Zombies sucked up my time first...)

I get mildly queasy when just watching the youtube movies, so I'm sure I'll have to spend some nights shivering under my blanket while I'm playing this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But yeah, I'm looking forward to playing it a lot!

6. maverick

I love, love, love me some horror movies, and I'm a horror writer too, but I can't play any survival horror game past the first Resident Evil, and the only reason I can play that one is because the graphics are unrealistic, and so is the acting.

The new horror survival games? Can't do it. I'm just too imaginative and they scare the hell out of me. If I played this game I wouldn't sleep for weeks.

This game looks really good, but there's no way I'll be playing it.

7. Meropspusillus

I would probably die. I'm bad at scary things. It took me several months to deal with Ravenholme because I could only play moments at a time without being scared.

8. Ridiculous

YES! That's the problem I had too. I managed to desensitise myself by spawning a bunch of zombies in Garry's Mod (they are much less scary when not in the dark) and let them attack me so I got used to it. The screaming and jumping of the fast zombies are still bad though.

9. Meropspusillus

I was once playing it during a roommate's nap. I woke him up when I screamed, because I turned a dark corner and a zombie jumped out at me.

I'm bad.

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Ew.. too scary!!!

But if it were a 2 player one yeah ofc!! share the horror :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: