1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tv troubles

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by wallrose, Jan 12, 2011.

1. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I need an opinion on this, because I really don't know what to do.
    So I have...had, a tv in my bedroom. This tv was huge. HUGE. Whilst a big screen isn't always a bad thing, the tv weighed more than a full grown african bull elephant. I did fine on the floor, although the remote didn't work, so I had to get up when I wanted to change the volume. I just used it for gaming etc.
    Yesterday I got a new bed, it's much bigger than my old bed. Because it is so big, and takes up so much room, I couldn't properly see the tv from the bed, which is one of the only places to sit in my room. I couldn't put it up on anything, because it would crush just about anything it is placed on. So I got rid of the big tv, and have brought in a smaller one that we had sitting around in the shed.
    The tv is smaller, and lighter, so it fits fantastically on a little coffee table. The remote works, it's horribly dusty and falling apart, but that's nothing a damp cloth and some electrical tape won't fix. This small tv is perfect in every way, except one. Only two of the AV in plugs work, and the video plug is dodgy. The audio works fine, but when the video is plugged in, the speakers make a loud buzzing sound, slightly louder than the audio.
    The most annoying thing is that there are at least 2 other tvs in the house that would be perfect, but one belongs to my brother, and the other is one of the loungerooms. The one in the loungeroom is the most perfect little tv aswell, we have had it for so long, yet it still works perfectly. Just the right size and weight to have in my bedroom. It is the best tv in the world, no exceptions. If I could commandeer that one, the problem would be solved.
    So I think I have 3 options.
    Option 1: I get some small speakers to plug the audio cable into, and just keep the tv volume at 0.
    Option 2: I get the tv repaired. The tv is a fairly old, I think we may have gotten it sometime in the 90s. It hasn't been used for years too, so it is in fairly bad shape. So I don't know how much it would cost, or even if it COULD be fixed.
    Option 3: I find myself a decent new, though more likely second hand, tv. But I never have my own money, so that won't be happening any time soon.

So, which sounds best to you guys? Buy some speakers, get the tv fixed, or buy another tv?

2. Shevanel

Job.
    Money.
    New TV.

3. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ...that's a point.

4. ArcaneVerse

^this.

Or keep the original big TV you had and find something it can sit on? it cant possibly be that heavy its going to break everything you try to stand it on. Also I wouldn't keep using a TV you had stored in a shed that is how house fires start its not a smart idea and its not worth getting that TV fixed with how old it is and the price you would be paying for it.

Another option is instead of buying a new tv, get your parents to buy you a second hand one?