1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC Universe Online

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by zzzero, Jan 14, 2011.

1. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If anyone here is into superheroes at all, check out DC Universe Online. It's a really excellent game and does combat differently than any other MMO really. Super fun. Not to mention that the graphics are AMAZING, the map is enormous, bigger than GTA San Andreas. There are only two cities you can go to right now, Metropolis and Gotham, but basically you get to create your own super hero and what's different about this super hero game is that you collect loot like in WoW that actually gives you costume pieces. It's really a well made game but it does still have some room to expand because it just came out a few days ago!

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wasn't this game put off for like 6 years?

3. InaRut

The trailer for this game was full of NERDY goodness. Just on that basis alone I'd buy it, if my (CITY--*Said like Soutpark City Wok guy) Laptop could run it.

4. Tim

Tim

If it were free, I'd probably play it.

It's pretty much a crappy version of City of Heroes, at least IMO.

5. ArcaneVerse

Eh its not marvel

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought this was an online college or something.

7. Just Adam

I'm getting my copy as soon as Sony bothers to send a delivery to blockbuster.

Just hope the powers aren't as dissapointing as I fear. I want to create an a.m.a.z.o character in power style of jlu episode the return.

8. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It definitely has room for more powers and stuff, but the powers all look amazing. And they combine with the weapon you choose so for instance, i have a staff and sorcery and there's a power where i make everyone around me go flying, when i use it, I jump up and smash the tip of the staff into the ground while a circular decorative spell thing hits the ground.

The minute details in this game along with the hack and slash fighting style makes it feel like you're actually a super hero.

City of Heroes was good, but the graphics in this game are way better. Also, CoH felt a lot like an MMO, this feels less like an MMO and more like a simulation. You actually feel like you're doing something.

I can't wait to see what direction it goes in with patches updates and expansions!

The physics are great too... It's not like in CoH or Champions Online, where if there's a vehicle it's just an enemy that doesnt move. In this, when you hit a car, it will move appropriately to how much force you put into it. Seriously, it's the small things that make this feel like you're actually fighting crime or committing crimes in the world.

Tim, CoH has gone down hill since they started letting people make their own levels. The powers were great, for it's time the graphics weren't bad. But they just kindof fizzled out. I would love to see some of the things they did in CoH implimented into this game though, because that was a truely great MMO while it lasted.

9. Just Adam

Still waiting for my copy :frowning2: I want it so bad

I demand to be an anti hero ... Powerful and old kinda given up on caring and emotion but always has that one love he would destroy the universe to protect ^^

10. Tabb

I tried playing it for a while. Didn't like it very much at all. :I

11. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I have played it for a some time(PS3) but I started to get dizzy because of the camera rotation & I absolutely dislike having to wait to get in the game.

12. Laevigatae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It is a free game. There are some limitations for user that haven't paid for premium accounts though, (don't quote me on this, I haven't played in a long time) such as only two character slots, inability to use voice chat or receive trophies.

Basically, such business model implies: a) you pay to win; b) you lose your life to become "better".

From what I understand, one can buy significant damage output boost, and dominate someone that hasn't paid. (Like the 'Power Bundle'.) The game isn't necessarily skill-based.

Personally, I got bored of the game quite quickly. I don't recommend it unless you're absolutely nuts for DC.

#12 Laevigatae, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012