1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook: The Oregon Trail Game App.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberstone, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Emberstone

Anyone else play this? I am stuck 33 miles from fort boise, and currently level 22. I have to wait till my stamina is up, and hope that I get enough exp to hit 23, and keep going.

It took me till about lvl 20 before I could even get this far, and I have another 600-800 miles left to travel.

It is frustrating. I remeber how you could play the original in like 15 minutes if you did your best... now, it takes 3-4 days to have the stamina/money/level to survive the whole trip. I had to cancel constantly to build up just enough money to have enough food.

2. RaRa

Theres a FB version? I used to play this in elementary school and it was fun...but it was so sad when an animal died. :'(

3. Emberstone

yup. he same company that made the original has made a facebook version. You basically gain levels by traveling, and picking up gold nuggets on the trial to earn money, and eventually, you can buy upgrades to your wagon. if you get to oregon, you can turn in special items you buy on the trial for profit. I am still close to fort boise, but stamia takes takes forever to recharge, and you need it to keep walking.

4. NickT

[This post died of dysentery]

5. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started it, but it was so laggy I gave up after reaching the first checkpoint...

6. Emberstone

the lag issue has gotten better, and now no longer lag, but the game is just so frustrating.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm it sounds soo familiar to me of a game i played in a computer club years ago...I miss that club lol. Maybe this is the game I played.

Edit: Never mind, it's not. The characters in the game weren't so chibi looking, they actually were large enough to look like human beings not cartoon human beings.

#7 Revan, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  8. Emberstone

I got 0.7 miles away from oregon city, and ran out of stamina.
    watch me get 0.1miles from the end, and everyone in my wagon dies.

9. VampConspiracy

Meh. I would really rather play an actual EXE.

10. Emberstone

there is a website linked from The learning companies website for oregon trail that lets you emulate the original game on your computer. I played it a few days ago.

I got to oregon, and now the game seems pointless. you can start over, keeping your level, stats, and the money you made when you got to oregon, but it is not like the game will change... you just have more money for better equipment to make the game easier.