1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What finally ruined Dark Age of Camelot?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zume, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Zume

Well let's go down the list:

1) Trials of Atlantis: If you didn't get artifacts on your character.. good luck going out into RvR. You were more likely to become the ammo on the catapult than a helpful member of the realm.

2) Labyrinth of the Minotaur: Okay.. so each realm now has a Minotaur race to play. Terrific! But the new dungeon makes Darkness Falls fall off the maps as far as RvR zones? Not to mention temporary relics that didn't do much except make decent bait.

3) New Frontiers: Alright.. yes you can raze towers and keeps now but what's the point of capturing a pile of rubble? Old frontiers was pure win and had no fancy additions to it. Most people were perfectly happy with the gate battles in Emain Macha.

4) Electronic Arts: Don't even get me started about these folks. Yes they bought out Mythic and so earned the right to tweak the game.. but they did nothing but break it.

5) Archers Post-EA Control: They tried to turn DAoC into Lord of the Rings Online or World of Warcraft. So.. no more arrow requirement on archers.. gave all archers personal buffs and instead of crit shot what do we have now? We have fire arrows, poison arrows.. you name it, they probably have it. Beyond that Fools Bow no longer has the ability to break down keep doors. It is nothing more than a basic bow now.

6) Bonedancers: Don't remember exactly when this class was thrown down the drain, but the healing pets no longer do their job properly. You can probably get down to about 30% health before they realize what the hell is going on. And the lifetap is now on a 5-10 second recast timer.. oh joy.

There is probably much more but the last three I discovered over a 2 day return to DAoC then I left again. I do miss that game.. I miss what it used to be.

2. Ciceron

Ciceron Guest

I have heard so much about DAoC, mainly about the PvP involved and how it was the pinnacle of the play style.

I've played many MMO's, for many years. Sadly DAoC was never one of them, and thus I really can't tell you what ruined it. But I DO understand the feeling of a great MMO you love being changed and turning into something you really can't stand anymore.

FFXI for example I just feel is...different. I could go on of course but, well, you're not alone!