1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transferring Movies/TV Shows with iTunes

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys,
    While I don't think it'll happen for a while, does anyone know if there's a way to transfer movies/tv shows bought on iTunes to another Macbook if I get a new one? I just don't want all the movies and tv shows that I've bought just disappear when I get a new computer...I mean yes I can probably just keep this computer still...use it for movies, but does anyone know if there's any way of doing it?

2. TyPod

Log onto the new MacBook with the same iTunes account you used to buy them in the first place and I believe you can download them again for free.

3. djt820

No.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Don't post unless you can actually help. :slight_smile:

5. Artemicion

I believe what TyPod said is accurate. Although I have never had to do that, but I do have an iPod touches which should be the same case as apps transfer over to new iPod touches. So the same should apply to music, movies and so forth. Although I think there was a limit on how many you can transfer over.

Oh now that I think about it, you might need to de-authorize the iTunes account on the old computer? I highly doubt it though, try the first method and if not...try this.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys. I might also e-mail Apple see if they can also help, but I wanted your opinions cuz you guys are kinda a lot faster than Apple would be lol

7. Dave

Authorise your computer (look in one of the drop down menus, you can do this on 5 computers) with your same account, locate the files (they're usually in your music folder) and copy them to your new computer. the authorisation should unlock the DRM restrictions, and let you copy on your existing files