1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jailbreak Trouble

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kwyjibo, Feb 27, 2011.

1. kwyjibo

As the thread title suggests, I'm having some trouble jailbreaking my iPod touch 2G, MC bootrom. I got it in July and updated to 4.0 as that would allow me to use JailBreakMe. At the end of August, I jailbroke with JailBreakMe.com, and it was fine. Recently, however, ny iPod has become slow, often crashing when visiting formatting-heavy desktop sites. For this reason, I wanted to rejailbreak. I was going to restore my iPod, staying on 4.0, but iTunes would not let me, so I updated to 4.2.1 and used Greenpois0n RC5.

I followed the instructions and got as far as putting it in DFU, and clicked Jailbreak in Greenpois0n. The progress bar filled up, but eventually it said "Jailbreak Failed "
    I have since tried this 5 more times, even trying Greenpois0n RC5, as well as RC6.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Kwyjibo

2. Dave

are you making sure iTunes and all iTunes related programs are shut off??

---------- Post added 28th Feb 2011 at 03:04 AM ----------

oh and mac or windows?

3. kwyjibo

I think so, but I'll make sure. I'm pretty sure I used Task Manager to kill IpodService.exe, iTunesHelper.exe, and AppleMobileDevice.exe, but I'll make sure. Thanks.

4. Dave

you may need to leave iPod service and Applemobiledevice on, as they're the programs that open a connection to your iPod, just make sure the iTunes (as in itunes in the name) programs are closed, and give it a go

5. kwyjibo

Ok thanks - I'll leave them on.
    K

6. kwyjibo

Okay I think it worked - turned out I needed to hold down the home button longer than it said when putting it into DFU.
    Thanks,
    K