1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPad 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TyPod, Mar 2, 2011.

?

Will you buy an iPad 2?

1. Yes, I already have the original

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Yes, It will be my first iPad

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Nope.

28 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. TyPod

The iPad 2 has just been announced. It has:
    • Dual-core A5 processor, which is "up to two times faster".
    • The graphics have been improved too. The GPU goes at nine times the speed as before.
    • Same low power consumption as the A4.
    • Built-in cameras for photos and video: One for frontal FaceTime videoconferencing and one on the back.
    • It also has a built-in gyroscope, like the iPhone 4.
    • They claim the battery life is 10 hours, like before, with a one month stand-by time.

It is also 33% thinner and has a "whole new design" (Also comes in white)
    It's also the same price as the original :grin:
    It comes out in America on the 11th of March and other countries on the 25th.

Will you be buying one?

There's loads more information at www.gizmodo.com

2. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I don't feel the need to buy a giant iPod touch when I already have an iPod touch o3o

And my iPod does just fine for me, so I have no need for the faster stoof.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe, I don't know.

And everytime I hear about the iPad I think of:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjU0K8QPhs[/YOUTUBE]

4. Zontar

Already own the first-generation iPad.

What would have convinced me to upgrade was a Retina Display and GPS. Since the iPad 2 has the same resolution, the remaining incremental upgrades aren't enough for me to justify spending another five hundred dollars. I'll be looking forward to the iPad 3. Nice device though!

5. TyPod

I don't think it's really anything like an iPod Touch. The apps really take advantage of the bigger screen so that you can do things much easier. Safari for example is much more enjoyable on my iPad then on my iPhone

6. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

The iPod Touch has Safari too.

So far, you're just supporting my "Giant iPod" hypothesis by only using "It's bigger" as a defense on why it's not an iPod touch.

7. zeratul

zeratul Guest

This sums up what I feel.

8. TheDarkerPoet

I absolutely agree with Gothitil. From what I can gather, the iPad is "big brother" to iPod Touch. Try as it might to be a computer, iPad really does nothing better other than big-ass screen and more holding support. No GPS, no "way more awesome" apps... it's essentially just a wider screen that has good retina display.
    I have an iTouch and a computer. I need nothing right now. What I am waiting for is the holographic screens of the near future :icon_bigg

9. Zontar

Everyone says "it's just a big iPod Touch" like it's a bad thing. What's really good about the iPad is its form factor combined with its simple yet elegant and powerful operating system. The iPad isn't the same as a Tablet PC, because it doesn't need to boot and has an OS that works much better in its form factor than Windows, OS X, or any other "desktop metaphor" GUI would. I think it is just a big iPod Touch, but that's what's great about it. You get that power and simplicity in the right size.

10. RaRa

What is this?!?! My ipad is already becoming obselete and out of trend?!?! I wont stand for this....

(yes im getting one)

11. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

It's not a bad thing. It's just not really..something that new and revolutionary besides being Apple's first tablet.

12. TyPod

The iPad has a much better app store, there are some apps that just wouldn't work on an iPod Touch because of the tinyness. It's more of a netbook or laptop than an iPod Touch because of the things you use it for. Alot of people buy the iPad mainly to surf the internet, but I doubt anybody would buy an iPod for that reason because the tiny screen isn't good for things like that.

#12 TyPod, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will not be buying one. But I'll be inheriting the iPad 1 when my partner buys the upgrade. :slight_smile:

Lex

14. Colton

Apple can shove the iPads up their arses.

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Already got the first one and love it. Not bothering to shovel out another 600 for pretty much the same shit. Camera can kiss my ass.

16. Helen

Helen Guest

Pffft. Know what the first thing I did when I got my Kindle was? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Answer: Walked into an Apple store, brandished it at an iPad, and insulted said iPad. ^_^

I think they are the biggest waste of money Apple have ever come up with. That said, I do own an iPod Touch and have had several different Nanos, so I do like those, but I've never owned a Mac and never intend to, they confuse me and they too are horrifically overpriced.

A Kindle is a FIFTH of the price, and does everything I would personally use an iPad for perfectly well. I regret nothing. :grin:

17. VampConspiracy

That's a resounding HELL NO!!!!!!

18. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'll buy an Ipad when they decide to maybe throw a USB port in there xD

It's ridc what apple is trying to do. I get how awesome the IPad can be, but why must they create a whole new product that is unable to work with any of the previous technology unless you buy some other product to make it work >.>

19. Ridiculous

Certainly not, I'm not touching any Apple products, ever.

I prefer to actually have control of the things I buy. The fact that they specially design screws to stop people being able to access the batteries says a lot I think...

..the same batteries that conveniently (for Apple) have a lifetime that expires at almost the exact time that they release the next version of the product, so you are far more likely to go and buy the new model.

Also Steve Jobs wears terrible turtlenecks.

20. Zontar

To be honest, the batteries typically crap out at about two years. I still have a 1G itouch purchased in 2008 that still runs decent though.