1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HP laptop, quality control needed

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by WhiteFox, Mar 10, 2011.

1. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I purchased a from HP. HP pavilion dv6-3143. I chose this model because it was a fair price (600) and it had a separate video card and not a video card integrated in the mobo. The model with the integrated graphics was about 100 bucks less. Anyways, I open the box and the first thing I notice is the bottom of the laptop has a small door revealing where the ram is and it wasn't screwed in properly, half of the door was jetting out. So I unscrewed it, and then screwed it back in correctly. Then I notice that the main piece which connect the keyboard to the entire chassis was popping up and I had to force it down and clip it in myself. THEN I see the same problem on the back of the screen, plastic not pushed in fully. This has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth but overall the performance is excellent. As long as these small overlooks are the only problem with the machine then I am totally fine, but I couldn't believe how many small problems were present on a brand new laptop. Come on HP.

Fox

2. GhostDog

Heh.

I'm actually waiting on shipping supplies to send back my last HP laptop to get a replacement. There was a problem with some element in the video chip coming unseated in ALL UNITS of a handful of their models around a certain time, which eventually lead to the death of the laptop. It took a class action lawsuit to get HP to do anything about it, too. (Despite Nvidia themselves giving a bunch of money to companies that put that particular faulty graphics chip in their laptops.) So I've been stuck with a barely-functioning laptop for around a year. Huge pain in the ass and their tech support was not helpful.

I'm not ever spending money on an HP laptop again, basically.

3. Connor22

oh that's just the ninjas trying to figure out where the best place to put a bomb is, fortunatly there wasn't enough room so they gave up. Silly ninjas.