1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 as voice recorder?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by rocking23, Mar 10, 2011.

1. rocking23

Hey!

I need to know how to use my Logitech Quickcam pro 9000 as a voice recorder only, no video. What program should I download? How to I set it up? I need it as an mp3

Any help would be awesome!!

2. Shevanel

I had all this shit written out, but stupid fucking Windows fucks shit up.

^disregard.

ANYWAY, that cam's mic isn't going to give you all too great quality. I'd expect quite a lot of background noise and not all too much clarity at all. You could definitely try though, using the program Audacity.

Otherwise, what I'd suggest is to buy an actual microphone or headset for your computer, such as the Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000. I kinda swear by these for really cheap but rather decent quality mic sound. I think it'd suit your needs perfectly.

3. Zontar

Webcams have separate audio/video subdevices which are available to all programs that poll Windows for a microphone/video input. All you have to do is select "QuickCam 9000" from the microphone drop-down list in your favorite sound recording program's input settings. But I must warn you, the sound quality will be incoherent and just generally godawful.

4. cardenio

I also have a Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 (which I love, btw) and when I used it a while back as a voice recorder I downloaded a program called MP3 My MP3. Basically all you have to do is install it, set your camera's microphone as the input device, and define a few parameters like bitrate and volume. The installation really is quick and painless, the interface is pretty sleek and functional, and so far I've had no problems with the program.

5. SlickyPants

I would also recommend Audacity. It`s free, open source and has more features than you can shake a stick at.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Unless you are absolutely determined to use the webcam mic I would guess that even a $6 cheapy Wal-mart special microphone would sound leaps and bounds better than what your webcam will be able to record.