1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackberry Curve help?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MusicIsLife, Mar 25, 2011.

1. MusicIsLife

Exactly a week ago I got a brand-spanking-new Blackberry Curve. I love it, but there's one teensy problem thats been bothering me...

Every night when I get home I charge it, then when its fully charged I unplug it and set it on my headboard of my bed (I have a captains bed so it works the same as a night table) but by the next morning its dead. This has only happened in the past 2-3 days and this morning when I woke up it was completely dead! Is this normal?

2. browneyedboy

If you're blackberry has a navigation system (satnav) and you have not fully exited the application, that is almost certain to drain you're battery, also make sure you're wi-fi and bluetooth are off as well because if left on they too drain battery.

3. Tim

Tim

Anything that may access the internet will do this as well. (For instance, mine has Weatherbug and Facebook) I occasionally forget to close MSN messenger as well.

4. VentinIntrovert

leave it plugged in while you sleep and put it in sleep mode...

5. Tiny Catastrophe

Yes I've had a curve for a year and it sucks battery like crazy. The guy at the phone store told me charge it for 2 hours and then unplug it and it lasts longer and that works

6. starfish

Try turning off the Bluetooth, Wifi and GPS. On my old Blackberry and current Android phone those kill the battery life.

7. Fintan

Make sure you exit applications with the red button, not the back arrow. Also, shut off any application that uses a wireless connection when not in use, and turn off bluetooth & WiFi when you're asleep as well. That should help!

I have a Bold and I use it like crazy, and my battery doesn't die that fast!

8. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Get an iphone 4. Solves all your problems.

9. Fintan

But how would you live without BBM?! :wink:

10. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Really? In this day and age, you want to use BBM as opposed to numerous other OS-independent communication platforms that offer a range of scalability?

Well then, suit yourself.

11. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I had a Blackberry Curve, absolutely love it.

The solution to your problem is simple. Buy a new battery. Yours is going bad.