1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Café

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by IsItSo, Apr 29, 2011.

1. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    How do y'all feel about Nintendo's recent announcement that they're developing a new console (tentatively called "Café," in the same vain as calling the Wii "Revolution" and the GameCube "Dolphin" during development) to be exhibited at E3 this year and released next year?

I'm personally disappointed with the Wii because of its overwhelmingly lackluster library of games. I mean, we're still waiting for the first Zelda game on the console to come out (Twilight Princess is a GCN title modified for Wii so it doesn't count). Nintendo's announcement caught me off guard because I feel as if the Wii just came out and I'm still waiting for all the exciting titles. I am, however, very excited and hope that their new console will attract a lot more interesting developers than the Wii.

2. Totoro

After the Wii, I hardly trust nintendo with having a console that has good games on it... I'm willing to wait it out until I see whether or not it is even remotely good >.>

3. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I heard about this new system, but I'm not sure what I feel about it. I followed Nintendo from its very first system, owning all of them (at one point; a few are broken and thrown out) up to the Wii. I was very disappointed with the Wii however, so I think I will end up waiting for reviews and such as well to see whether this new project is worth it. I'm also not impressed with the Nintendo DSi or 3DS either.

4. NickT

Nintendo's sold out to so many other things that I have lost about 80% of respect for it. It's only Wii this or Wii that or Wii breathe or something. No actual games.

5. Tim

Tim

Nintendo doesn't discontinue systems that are still selling strong.

The 3DS was released, and has a 99% chance of continuing to release games for at least 2 years. Considering the horrendous 3DS sales (compared to the projected, I know it sold a decent amount), we could see 3-5 more years of DS games. I still expect the 3DS to die within a year though.

The Wii is STILL the top next gen console. The PS3 and the Xbox360 have yet to beat it, even with the lack of games and the clunky controls, and the reduced price cuts of the latter two.

Honestly, expect Wii games for quite some time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Shevanel

Wii games for your parents to play perhaps...

7. abe995

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Personally, I can't wait for Café. If I had the money I would buy a 3DS but I don't have a spare $250. It seems like Nintendo is starting the eighth generation.

8. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I definitely prefer the PS3 and Xbox360 over the Wii, which is slightly disappointing honestly. And really, the only people I know who enjoy using the Wii are my grandparents and aunts and uncles. Even my own parents play the Xbox360 all of the time instead.