1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My xbox 360 isn't reading my discs. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Tiny Catastrophe

So basically like I said my 360 isn't reading discs much anymore. I don't have red ring or anything and sometimes I can get it to read discs but only if I open and close the tray about 100 times. When I turn on the xbox is says open tray when I already have a disc in and for some reason it just won't work. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am very bored without my xbox since I'm a huge video game nerd.

2. brodyman

Alright first off, I have the same problem. Question though, is your xbox a regular xbox or an elite? A friend gave me a trick that lessens the time it takes to get the disc read. What you do is you tap right above the disc tray a little faster then the speed of clapping and a little harder then regular clapping. Try to adjust the speed of your "tap" and strength of it. It took me awhile to learn the trick but it will help speed things up.

3. Tiny Catastrophe

It's an elite. Do I tap it with the disc in it and while it's on?

4. brodyman

Ok then yeah, this is very common with elites. Right after you put the disc in tap it constantly until it starts to work. It only will help speed the process of reading the disc up.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had this issue and had to have it repaired, BOOOOOO

6. djt820

Get a PC.

7. Lolguy

Dust can build up inside the system and stop the laser from being able to read the disks, or the tray could be slightly broken. Another problem is that the power supply could be overheating, so make sure that's unobstructed.