1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alienware m11x

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaius, Jun 1, 2011.

1. gaius

gaius Guest

Hi all,

Just ordered one of these laptops and I was wondering if someone had one and could tell me what they're like games wise ?

2. djt820

If you don't know, then you should have researched your product before buying an extremely expensive laptop.

If you really want to know, then yes, the m11x seems to be equipped with a 2nd generation i5/i7 so you have either a very do-able dual core or quad core, which will run every game fine and I'm sure it has a good dedicated graphics card so it'll probably run every game maxed out.

#2 djt820, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  3. Ridiculous

I have an m15X and it is the best thing ever. The lowest specs that they have available for order will atleast allow you to play any game on the market currently at about medium settings. If you go for any of the upgrades then you can easily get it to a point where it can max them out.

The only problem is that mine weighs 5kg and is pretty thick, so it's not something I'd want to carry around every day. I rarely take it anywhere though, and regardless the m11x is much smaller/lighter so it won't be problem for you.

The SSDs that they had available with the order were way overpriced, so I just left it with a default HDD and ordered an SSD seperately for about $200 less. They make it easy to open up and replace components (unlike some companies - *cough*Apple) so it wasn't a problem swapping them.