1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good MMORPGs?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by VireBlaze, Jun 12, 2011.

1. VireBlaze

Title says all! I'm just looking for some good MMORPGs to play. Even better if people around here play them and would be willing to play with me. That's the thing, I always start playing, see how fun it is, then get bored around halfway. It's occurred to me that it's because I'm always by myself. I never seem to make friends on these games. Might help if I actually talked to strangers on there for some reason. XD

Note: My internet speed isn't that great, so there would be lag, along with the fact that my computer's not incredibly well built for gaming, but it's held up games like PSO and WoW. I don't play WoW anymore because I think even with friends, I really can't get into that game. :/

Thanks!

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried any of the games that Nexon brings to America?
    I some of those. The customer service is terrible, but the games are free and fun.

3. VireBlaze

I've been thinking about getting back into MapleStory and/or Dungeon Fighter Online. But, again, it's easy to get bored with no friends. It's even harder to talk to some people on those games at all. Strangers, anyway. Yes, even my shyness is online. X3

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quick reminder: sharing info that would identify you on other sites, including gaming sites, is not ok in the public areas of the site.

Once you become a full member, you're free to do that to individual people over PM. Just wanted to make sure you were aware, as that's one of the commonly missed parts of our rules. :slight_smile:

5. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    also some facebook games... like farmvile and all those games... i just stopped playing them as where i moved i'm still waiting for the ASDL line to be installed. but since that is the far north regions of Nambabwe, it will probiply take another decade or so... damn hate africa... everything here is so, so slow and expensive!

6. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to get into Mabinogi or Vindictus, you could contact me when you're a full member. I still get on those games sometimes.

You shouldn't be so shy on games! They're so much more fun when you can get a good party going! :grin:

7. VireBlaze

So, is that sharing a username, or just the name of the game/site? I was never considering sharing my username, but sorry! >__<

I've heard of both. The latter one interests me. It sounds like I'll have to grab my gamepad back from a friend of mine. XD I've tried using a PS3 controller to play games, but I don't know how to configure it, if at all.

I know, but it's hard to strike up a topic for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sharing the name of the game or site is fine. Just making sure, as I said above, it's a common mistake. No worries!

9. Kso1995

your such a party pooper chip. lol :grin:

10. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

The only MMORPG I've played has been WoW but it really got me hooked at one point. I've been thinking of trying either rift of star wars once it comes out.

People have been saying great things about rift so far so might be worth checking it out.

11. VireBlaze

Yeah, I've seen trailers and Rift seems to be pretty good. I'm just not sure how well my computer could handle it. Been debating on getting a new computer, but that's a topic for another day. :slight_smile:

12. ShebbsIsAwesome

I used to be obsessed with CABAL: The Revolution of Action
    Rift may be good...
    Aion was a good game
    I did play maplestory for a bit.
    Rohan was really really fun.
    Perfect World is another one.
    That's all I got for the moment.

13. theJosephDean

rrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiffffffffftttttttttttttt. :3

14. VireBlaze

Okay, okay! I'm planning on giving Rift and Vindictus a try, once I can finally finish downloading inFamous from the whole Sony's 'Welcome Back' thing they're doing. Then I'll work on downloading Vindictus and Rift, which will probably take some time. XD Yaaaay for bad internet.

15. 2ugly2bgay2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Got Dragon Age II the other day. What I like about it is that while story driven, outcomes can differ depending on choices you make. You get multiple-choice options at certain parts of the game and you have to make a choice. You also get to "level up" your characters and you encounter (CPU) team-mates and get to control one of them at a time while the CPU controls the others. As usual with RPGs, you can be a Mage (me), Rogue, Warrior or (I think) Dwarf.

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give it a little bit longer. Then Star Wars The Old Republic will be out, and MMORPGS will change forever...well...ok....they'll still be the same probably except with a SW flair.

17. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Argo Online is good and Free two play and it brand new.

18. Raeil

I plan on trying Star Wars when it comes out, but that will depend on whether or not I have the money and my computer can run it. Oh, and I play WoW atm and it has basically stolen my life (not that I really had one before it took it, but I haven't been on this site in a week because of it...)

19. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ive just started to play Runescape again (defence pure FTW) :grin:

Yep. I'm a geek.

20. GaysunshinexD

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll try out Argo, thanks that game looks fun!~